cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest / Go Build 18.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
These features and enhancements will become available throughout the week of 06/29/2020

Universal Menu and Multi-Browser Support

• We’ve continued iterations and updates on the redesigned universal menu that was released as an opt-in feature of v15. These include:

• Design updates to streamline usability and improve discoverability of system apps (Store, Library, Browser, etc)
    • Combined Library and Apps into a single panel
    • The universal menu will now be accessible as an overlay from within a number of Quest apps.
  • Improved the multi-browser experience that allows you to have multiple windows open when browsing the internet in-VR.

Introducing VR tooltips

• We’ve made it easier for you to find and learn how to use new and popular VR features. Look out for tooltips that help guide you through your journey in VR.

Keyboard

• The Oculus in-VR keyboard will now utilize predictive text to make typing in-VR more efficient.

Guardian

• You’ll now be able to change the color of your Guardian Boundary. You can enable this feature by selecting Settings > Guardian > Guardian Boundary.

Notifications

• We’ve made updates to in-VR and in-app notifications. These include:

• You can now fine-tune your in-VR notification preferences from the Settings panel. To do this, select Settings > Device > Notifications.
  • Added the ability to interact with notifications
    • Ex: Screenshot saved. Press the Oculus button to view your photos.
  • Added additional info within the notification to help you understand why you’re seeing it
    • Ex: Check out [X app], because you tried [Y app].
  • Updated notification styling.
  • Please note that these features may only be available to a percentage of users at this time.

Social

• You can now share in-VR content or ask a friend to join you in an app or experience in-VR via Messenger. This can be done by selecting Share > Messenger and then choosing who you’d like to share with.
  • Now, when you save a VR post on Facebook, it will show up in your notifications panel the next time you put on your headset.
    • If the post includes an app link and you already have the app installed, you’ll be able to open the app directly from the notification. If you don’t have the app installed, you can select the app link to download the app from the Oculus Store.

Voice Commands

• Voice Commands (Beta) is now available to all US English speaking users.
    • If you have the redesigned universal menu, you can find it in Settings > Quick Actions > Voice Commands. The Voice Commands icon is located next to the Microphone icon. Otherwise, you can find it directly in your Oculus home menu.
    • You can activate Voice Commands (Beta) by clicking on the icon in the Oculus menu or enabling the controller shortcut which allows you to double press the Oculus button to activate Voice Commands (Beta).
    • You can change your Voice Commands (Beta) settings by selecting Settings > Device > Voice Commands (Beta).
  • Voice Commands (Beta) has been re-designed with sleeker visuals. It also supports a wider breadth of commands.
    • Try saying, “Take a photo” to take a screenshot while you’re in an immersive experience, “Start casting” to mirror your headset to another screen or “Turn off” to quickly shut down your headset. You can also ask, “What can I say?” to see more examples of commands available to you.

Known Issues

• Sideloaded 2D applications may not be visible within your library and, as a result, may not be able to launch from the main menu. As a workaround, you should be able to view and launch these sideloaded 2D applications from within Oculus TV.

Fixes

• Fixed a bug that caused some first party apps to show incorrect dates below Library thumbnails.
  • Fixed a bug that caused multi-tasking browser windows to merge into a single window when the headset was restarted.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the wrong notification to be shown when a controller battery is low.
124 REPLIES 124

Kareshi
Heroic Explorer
These are features that COULD be added to the Rift and Rift S owners as well, but yet again, we're left out of features.

Cain-
Protege
Did you also fix the bug where recentering operations performed after the headset has been idle for a while would sometimes cause a temporary but rather long lock up? 

(a problem that, once in play, wouldn't go away without a headset restart)

julblanco
Honored Guest
Please developers of the web browser, return the option to put the bookmarks always visible on the right side. That possibility made this browser the best on the market, what a shame that you have eliminated that right window, at least you should let users choose whether as an option in the browser.

COFFEE_Zeon
Explorer
Resizable browser windows and 2D apps windows please, and what about making passthrough avaliable in third-party apps

kevinwarhaft
Adventurer
i just did the update on oculus go and im still on 17
kevin warhaft

Segwanot
Honored Guest

Did you also fix the bug where recentering operations performed after the headset has been idle for a while would sometimes cause a temporary but rather long lock up? 

(a problem that, once in play, wouldn't go away without a headset restart)

I thought this was only me, and that I was doing something wrong. Glad I'm not the only one. Submitting a ticket and getting a generic "Please restart headset" message is truly annoying. 

kevinwarhaft
Adventurer
so i did the update to 18 but im still on 17 how can i fix it 
kevin warhaft

nalex66
MVP
MVP

so i did the update to 18 but im still on 17 how can i fix it 

If you're still on v17, then you haven't received this update yet. It's not available to everyone, it rolls out slowly over the course of a week or longer.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

MadMax1998
Adventurer
Ever since receiving the update my Universal Menu has reverted back to the old menu (pre-V15) and cannot be reinstated. Why did this happen? I know the Universal Menu was pulled once on V15, but this time?