Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest / Go / Gear VR Build 10.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Casting

We’ve made the following updates and enhancements to casting features:

• Quest now supports all generations of Chromecast as well as some Chromecast built-in devices (NVIDIA SHIELD TV, Google Home Hub, and some smart TVs).
  • You can now start a casting session in-VR, as an alternative to using the Oculus Mobile app. To do so, select Sharing > Cast and choose the device you want to cast to.
  • Chromecast latency, connection stability and picture quality have all been improved.
  • Feedback when a casting connection is established or broken has been improved.

Notification Preferences
  • We’ve made some improvements to notification preferences from in-VR to clarify that the preference set in the headset are different from those set in the mobile application.
    • To access your notification settings in-VR, select Settings > Notifications and adjust the toggles to reflect your settings preferences for each notification type.

Settings
  • We’ve made improvements to the in-VR settings that allow you to better personalize your VR experience.
    • To access your settings in-VR, select Settings and adjust the toggles to reflect your preferences.

New Experiments

This section includes new features we’re testing for future releases. You can opt-in to experimental features by selecting Settings > Experiments in-VR. Please note, the experiments section includes features that are still being developed, so you may encounter anything from minor-issues to app-crashes.

• On Quest, you can now see when your friends beat your high score in games like Beat Saber. You’ll be able to see these updates in the Oculus mobile app, as well as in-VR.
  • On Quest, you can now see a curated set of trending and popular videos of people playing games on Quest.
  • On Quest, you can now see a list of the “The Best 5” of a certain type of content, such as the “The Best 5 Sports Games, The Best 5 Games to Break A Sweat, The Best 5 Apps for the Weekend, etc.

Miscellaneous
  • We’ve made system updates that improve performance when running some applications.
  • We’ve created new icons and optimized our iconography for consistency, improved performance and enhanced readability.
85 REPLIES 85

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer
Manual update seems not to work. Or does it mean that the roll out is still in waves and you are able to install it when you want to? 
Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/

JonJonJapon
Honored Guest
Manually updated, and Unknown Sources is gone even with Developer Mode enabled. No other options seem to exist for bringing it back, and they aren't showing under the Library anywhere else. Others in the Quest subreddit appear to be having the same problem.
Please bring this back.

cercata
Expert Protege
Shit, I don't wanna lose my Half Life VR 😞

madturtle84
Explorer
I tried to re-enable Dev Mode from mobile app, but Unknown Sources still not showing up in the library. Then when I restart my Quest, the Dev Mode option on the mobile app was turned off automatically. 

Please fix it.

Jervi
Explorer
Hi,
I had already asked you when I purchased the Quest.
Can you please give us the option to set/change time from the Quest or from the app?
At the moment the time is set only once from the phone in the first setup, but if the time is wrong it remains so forever on the Quest!
It makes no sense to have to do a factory reset to change it!

motorsep
Rising Star
So, not worth updating yet due to these issues with Developer Mode ?

shiena
Protege
I found a way to show unknown sources to the library.
  1. If you have just restarted, enable developer mode from your smartphone.
  2. If you have opened the library even once, start some application and exit.
With the above procedure, unknown sources appear in the library.
I think the trigger to which developer mode is applied has changed.

RedRocket316
Explorer
The above suggestion from shiena works, but also be aware you will need to repeat that process every time you restart the Quest or power it down. 

Development mode is currently not persistent across restarts or power downs.  Hopefully this bug will be fixed in an update.

motorsep
Rising Star
It won't be fixed if no one reports it to Oculus

Arnookie
Protege
I see screen tearing and artifacts around the edges of the screen when playing fast paced games. Wasn't like this before the update.