Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest / Go / Gear VR Build 10.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Casting

We’ve made the following updates and enhancements to casting features:

• Quest now supports all generations of Chromecast as well as some Chromecast built-in devices (NVIDIA SHIELD TV, Google Home Hub, and some smart TVs).
  • You can now start a casting session in-VR, as an alternative to using the Oculus Mobile app. To do so, select Sharing > Cast and choose the device you want to cast to.
  • Chromecast latency, connection stability and picture quality have all been improved.
  • Feedback when a casting connection is established or broken has been improved.

Notification Preferences
  • We’ve made some improvements to notification preferences from in-VR to clarify that the preference set in the headset are different from those set in the mobile application.
    • To access your notification settings in-VR, select Settings > Notifications and adjust the toggles to reflect your settings preferences for each notification type.

Settings
  • We’ve made improvements to the in-VR settings that allow you to better personalize your VR experience.
    • To access your settings in-VR, select Settings and adjust the toggles to reflect your preferences.

New Experiments

This section includes new features we’re testing for future releases. You can opt-in to experimental features by selecting Settings > Experiments in-VR. Please note, the experiments section includes features that are still being developed, so you may encounter anything from minor-issues to app-crashes.

• On Quest, you can now see when your friends beat your high score in games like Beat Saber. You’ll be able to see these updates in the Oculus mobile app, as well as in-VR.
  • On Quest, you can now see a curated set of trending and popular videos of people playing games on Quest.
  • On Quest, you can now see a list of the “The Best 5” of a certain type of content, such as the “The Best 5 Sports Games, The Best 5 Games to Break A Sweat, The Best 5 Apps for the Weekend, etc.

Miscellaneous
  • We’ve made system updates that improve performance when running some applications.
  • We’ve created new icons and optimized our iconography for consistency, improved performance and enhanced readability.
85 REPLIES 85

ClassicGOD
Protege
Touch controller vibrations during the update scared the sh*t out of me. 
Home alone, watching a movie in a darkness when suddenly something vibrates in the darkness. 😄
The advent of computers and the subsequent accumulation of incalculable data has given rise to a new system of memory and thought, parallel to your own. Humanity has underestimated the consequences of computerization.

lenne0815
Adventurer
Where is the wifi patch goddamnit ?

motorsep
Rising Star
Can Quest cast to Amazon FireTV stick ?

vrthailand
Honored Guest
Wifi connecting still bug.

Heliwun
Honored Guest
It would be great to have a player chat so when trying to form party instead of waiting for that call to connect you can pm them also...

kevinwarhaft
Adventurer
no 10.0 for me yet should i use the manual update 
kevin warhaft

nalex66
MVP
MVP

You can try the manual update, but I'm just getting "no update available." It's still a slow rollout, rather than being available to everyone at once.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

kevinwarhaft
Adventurer

nalex66 said:

You can try the manual update, but I'm just getting "no update available." It's still a slow rollout, rather than being available to everyone at once.

just got it
kevin warhaft

n9yty
Explorer
Yeah, funny, they suckered us right in with the "you can manually update" thing, it only means that if you would have already gotten the staged rollout, not that you could actually, you know, update it whenever you knew an update was rolling out. LoL  Patience is a virtue, guess it's time to exercise miine. LOL