cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Quest) No low battery notification?

VipeNess
Protege
Can we please get an battery/number  indicator similar to when you are casting to a chromecast device (red dot) when your oculus quest's battery gets to 5% in red and shows all the way to 0% before turning off.  We tested out what happens when you get to zero battery on the Quest and it just powers down.  This type of on screen notification would be great!
5 REPLIES 5

nishruu2
Protege
i quess you are speaking of in "game"....I have not run to 0% but good to know.
And i agree, tell me before a hard shut down for low battery

ChiliMango
Honored Guest
Would really appreciate a low battery warning notification overlay while in-game. I certainly use to get one on occasion for the headset battery but recently have been just watching as my headset dies on me with no notification.  I would ask for one for the controllers too, but considering I use rechargeable, it probably wouldn't read the power right and the notification would not be helpful.

Pixie40
Expert Trustee
I too have had my headset die on me, which is the first indication the battery was getting low. There is a "low battery" notification popup, but it's inconsistent. Some games it will appear while you play, others it wont and your first indication is when the Quest shuts off.
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

neskweek
Explorer
Hello
I agree here, and it's the same for Quest2.
I didn't go yet to the point where my device dies dry on me, but I don't like the fact , like in my last sessions, that I need to go back on the menu by myself to see that the battery dropped below 15%, without any warning, alerts, sounds whatever.

As lithium batteries should not go below that treshold, if you want to make it live longer, I would like to be warned if it reaches that state.

The best would be to have a customisable two point notification and behaviour customisation:

Low battery warning (percent value customisable by user, enable/disable by user, default settings 15%, default status: disabled) => first warning

Extreme low battery warning (percent value customisable by user, enable/disable by user, default settings 15%, default status: enabled) => second and last waring, repeated x times, or displayed longer 

Custom power behaviour (customisable by user, enable/disable by user, default settings: initiate shutdown when reach 10%, default status: disabled )

Thank you
Best regards

PS: support request filled for that matter 

aguy10
Heroic Explorer
Sadly I think this is wishful thinking they would implement that battery saving feature since they don't even have something as simple as screen brightness reduction in version 25. Edit: looks like I'm wrong about the brightness slider in version 25. That's what I get for asking a chat agent.

Is there an APK that would give those battery low level warnings?.