cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest PC Link, my 5600 XT is not supported.

Kamotsusen
Explorer
I'm stuck with something weird.

I upgraded my video card yesterday from 480 to a 5600XT and before I bought it made sure it was on the support list. But it kept on saying it was not supported, so I went the whole mile since I needed to do some maintenance on my computer anyway.

Got the latest Drivers of all my devices, Did the BIOS updates for both my mainboard and the new video card, reinstalled windows 10 last night. Still getting the same message.

The message it self would not be a problem but the image is very stuttery when I move my head around and is pretty anoying. 

Did I overlooked something stupid? or is the 5600 XT simply not supported?
24 REPLIES 24

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Try to contact Oculus Support, 5600 XT should be supported:

https://support.oculus.com/444256562873335/

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Colonel_Sander1
Honored Guest
Hi,
I've been having the same issue with my RX 5600xt and a Ryzen 5 3600.
Its a shame because its a powerful card but for some reason there is this bug I guess. I've been talking to support but I recommend you open a ticket as well so it gets on their radar faster. The only suggestions they've given me so far was to unplug my second monitor and try opting in for the betas. Both of which yielded no results as far as I know.

Which 5600 do you have? Mine is an XFX Thicc III Pro.
Best of luck friend

DukeBalek
Honored Guest
hi guys, i have exactly the same issue with my new 5600 XT ultra Thicc 3 from XFX ... a banner pops up saying I don’t meet the minimum requirements , the link makes it a bit blurry, the headset is trying to catch up with my head, controllers have a bit of latency...Just before changing i had an 970 gtx and all was ok, on low settings of course, but all was smooth and clear.. i spent many hours trying to fix it, i sent an email to oculus, followed their instructions, reset factory etc etc, went on forums, reddit post, i rolled back for older drivers, made a clear install with DDU, set the priority of Oculus server 64.exe on real time, disabled the guardian, opt in and out of public test, tried everything i found and nothing worked... it's clearly an issue with AMD drivers, all 5000 series are not compatible yet and everyone who is asking for help seems having the same brand XFX.. i couldn't find any solutions for many days, i am pissed and tired so i am going to send back this card for an nvidia one, and i wont try again AMD for long time (and never XFX)

Kamotsusen
Explorer
I have a ASUS 5600XT EVO.

Did the same you tried, no dice.

I also tried to add the RX 480 in to the system, and it takes away the warning message. But still having the issues with stuttery feed. Forcing the software to use the RX 480 causes a black screen.

I think i'll just give up on the 5600 XT and go look for something else or beter.

Now back on installing the RX480 and stick with that.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
It's not the first time Oculus is slow to include new gpus - some have jokingly said that Oculus usually is 1-2 years behind. It's probably not that bad, I would not be surprised to see 5600 XT working in a month or two. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

DukeBalek
Honored Guest
or 6 .. lol better go on nvidia for vr, period

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

DukeBalek said:

or 6 .. lol better go on nvidia for vr, period

AMD has been the gpu underdog for a while, new Nvidia gpus may indeed be included faster. 

DukeBalek
Honored Guest
true the card performs very well besides this issue with oculus link. But nvidia chipset for compressing/uncomprssing seems also far better for the link

Pretzelsticks
Honored Guest
My Sapphire 5600xt seems to be working fine...weird