cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest content too limited?

curb_murphy
Honored Guest
I understand oculus wants to curate the games available for Quest, but I'm starting to feel like someone who bought a shiny new rig then finds out it only plays mac games. Where are the standout VR titles for Quest? It seems like every other platform from Rift to Go has unlimited content, but we're stuck with hand me downs. Don't make me regret my purchase, please.
12 REPLIES 12

JaimieVandenber
Heroic Explorer
(Looks at Steam library of 467 Mac games...)
Quest - like Go before it - is always going to be the limited headset compared to a PC-based one. If Quest sales figures keep climbing then it'll attract more games/experiences, but there'll be a lag obviously. We're in the lull between first release and widespread adoption.
It's exactly the same as console sales. If you dive in on day one, there are half a dozen games of which only two are really your thing. Then you have to sit tight waiting for the next round.

Yza
Explorer
What would you expect when a new console is launched. Quest had rather a rich library in comparison when all other consoles started ... within a year there could be much more games. Statistically - there are no more than a few hundred games for every console (during the whole lifecycle which might be +4 years) yet on Quest you've got 50 titles from the start.

CrazyDocAl
Honored Guest
There's a strong need for Go-like experiences. I want to sit back and travel... through places, times and space... with little interaction or gaming involved. I'm 70 yrs old with a Quest that so far is focussed on 20 yr olds! I'm confident there's a huge, if older, market for Go non-gaming experiences on the Quest and with Quest quality.

mike_k_kohnke
Honored Guest
Give it time. Now that Quest has been confirmed to be the breakthrough it was promised as, developers are likely scrambling to create new titles. I'm anticipating an uptick in the number of releases in the near future. The other hang-up is that Oculus is pretty strict about the apps they approve. Compare how many garbage games are available for other mediums. Even if you don't like an Oculus game it's always quality material.

StayPuft83
Protege
I also remember reading somewhere that the Oculus Quest was meant to more be a best of sort of experience. In other words, whereas you can get A LOT of content on the Oculus Go, a lot of it is newer, experimental, not has heavily vetted, etc. A lot of it can still be pretty amazing.... but some of it can range from not good to just okay.

I don't know if this is actually the case, but I'd read that the Quest was not going to be like that. It was more going to be for the more tested, proven, quality kind of content. Which, of course, doesn't automatically mean they'll all be high rated. It's still a matter of what people end up liking. I guess just the point being they are more stringent in what they'll let onto the Quest platform.

Anonymous
Not applicable
For christ sake it's only been out a month. 50 games for the 1st month would say it's good.

The go has been out a long time and allready had the games made for the Samsung gear so had to write nothing the go as pretty much most game gear games work on the go,? So the software was there well before the go.

The quest they have to reprogam and rewrite the software. 6dof and new controllers and tracking for one.

Give it more time as the quest has only come out. Hell there are a lot of impatient people.

Anything new takes time to build a good game and app software.

MrWaverly
Honored Guest
How much more content do you need beyond Rec Room??????? and it's free.

Anonymous
Not applicable
They said 50 more by the end of the year.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There's a strong need for Go-like experiences. I want to sit back and travel... through places, times and space... with little interaction or gaming involved. I'm 70 yrs old with a Quest that so far is focussed on 20 yr olds! I'm confident there's a huge, if older, market for Go non-gaming experiences on the Quest and with Quest quality.

Well I am 64 and love the quest. And dont find it at all focused on 20 year olds. Maybe your just an old man? Love the games and apollo 11 and National geographic are cool apps.

Also love my ps4, psvr and Xbox X and 64. Not giving in to being an old man. Love gaming and good educational apps.