cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest stopped working

ahcadiuh
Honored Guest
I was using the quest in a game when the screen froze then went black. Been a day and it won't turn back on and my phone can't find it. It acts like it's just dead. Anyone have this happen and is there a way to fix it? 
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
My quest will turn on with the oculus logo on screen then that fades away and I'm left with a lit black screen until it decides to turn off. Please help

bartonian18
Honored Guest
Support is no use at all, they just say about holding the buttons down and nothing else,, surely  they should be able to do more than read out their webpage,  I'd already tried all that before contacting them.  Hey ho.I get sound but no screen,  yes it appears black but as I get nothing apart from a slight flicker when I power it on and sound I don't even think the screen is connected.  Sent in all my details but just get the same old "press the button's in, with or without the volume down button  for 10 or 30 seconds,  they don't have a clue when they will be available again.  Not very reassuring.  I bought mine about 3 weeks ago and it just stopped working after4 or 5 days,  well the screen did.  As I said I do get sound like the foyer sound and can even hear what sounds like the controller rolling over buttons but clicking does nothing.  
I think what bugs me the most is support can't or won't help, I'd hoped they could send me a  fix so I can restore it through my pc. If anyone else can help I'd be so grateful. I will  buy another because I thought it was great and return this one when I can,  whenever that will be. 
Thanks 

protekyerneck
Honored Guest
Same! Zero support! I’m out a large sum of cash for a product that doesn’t work and I’ve been contacting oculus support for months with no answers

ItsABlackCat
Honored Guest

Support is no use at all, they just say about holding the buttons down and nothing else,, surely  they should be able to do more than read out their webpage,  I'd already tried all that before contacting them.  Hey ho.I get sound but no screen,  yes it appears black but as I get nothing apart from a slight flicker when I power it on and sound I don't even think the screen is connected.  Sent in all my details but just get the same old "press the button's in, with or without the volume down button  for 10 or 30 seconds,  they don't have a clue when they will be available again.  Not very reassuring.  I bought mine about 3 weeks ago and it just stopped working after4 or 5 days,  well the screen did.  As I said I do get sound like the foyer sound and can even hear what sounds like the controller rolling over buttons but clicking does nothing.  
I think what bugs me the most is support can't or won't help, I'd hoped they could send me a  fix so I can restore it through my pc. If anyone else can help I'd be so grateful. I will  buy another because I thought it was great and return this one when I can,  whenever that will be. 
Thanks 

This exact same thing happened to me! I’ve had the quest for about 4 or 5 months now, quite a while, and it’s never done this before. A few days ago I played on it for about 2 hours, longer than usual but I’ve played on it longer than that before and it was fine; afterwards I plug it in to charge.  When I wake up and go check, it hasn’t charged at all.  I end up letting the battery die completely and then plugging it in and it seemed to be fixed, because the orange light came on.  But after an entire day of ‘charging’ the orange light was still on, so I unplugged it because it was getting kinda warm and I was worried it’d overheat.  I let it cool down and plugged it in again and, again, I thought it was fixed; but when I went to play the screen was black.  No logo, no guardian screen— nothing.  I could hear the sounds of the startup and the guardian music, and I even heard the sounds of buttons; I could wave my controllers around and I’d hear where the buttons were because it would make that little click and the controller would vibrate after hovering over it.  But I couldn’t see anything at all.  Occasionally the screen would flicker a bright white, but only for a fraction of a second, and it was just flashing to a white screen, not to any of the actual screens.  The lights outside of the oculus quest would light up correctly when it was on/off, but the only way I could tell if it was on while I was wearing it was the fact that the black screen very, very slightly glowed.  I tried everything I’ve been told to do, I even tried factory & rebooting (holding power down 30 seconds) and the only thing that happened was that the screen flashed about every 10 seconds.  I can’t do anything to fix it, I can hear the sounds just fine and the way the controllers vibrate I know everything’s there, I just can’t see anything.  It’s a huge problem because the quest was a big investment and I can’t afford another one, even if it’s bought used from eBay, and I genuinely enjoyed playing Oculus (*cough* beat saber *cough*) while it worked.  I didn’t have any issues before hand, one night it was working fine, the next I couldn’t even do anything.  I’d really appreciate some sort of help, I can’t afford a new quest, especially not right now.

plush_Dev
Honored Guest
The same thing happened to me, I'm very sad, we bought the last one in stock, and it's not working. We got it 2 days ago. I don't know what happened, my sister just started playing it when it was fully charged, and after a few minutes it started showing this grid when you got close to hitting something, and then the screen froze. I charged it and powered off, then it was more weird. The grid was on top of your head. I would go to Oculus, then go to Contact us and Click Here to get a ticket. You'll get a email, but you'll need to wait for the long time. I think the lens must be destroyed, though I didn't put it in the sunlight. But my dog nudged it, so I don't know

stephan_raabe
Honored Guest
Same for me. Since few days the Quest crashes all the time after few minutes. Screen and Sound freezing, no reaction on restart. Need to hold teh power button for 30 sec to reboot but the issue came back every time.
Maybe an issue with the last software update? Just opened a support ticket. Let's see...

jennifer_backha
Honored Guest
I've had the oculus quest since Christmas. Today it froze while casting while playing in Rec room. The screen was black, no noise and the red light was still there. I held power button down a few seconds to reboot and NOTHING. After reading g all the previous posts I decided to hold the power button down once again but count the seconds (1 mississippi.....) I reached 24 count and the red light (casting light) went off. Then a black screen . Then the oculus icon popped up. I let up on power button and let it do its thing. All is good now I'm back in playing like normal.
Hopefully this helps someone. 

deano_porter
Honored Guest
Did you all hear a little pop noise before it went off? I definitely did and it's now a VR brick!

lshengming
Honored Guest

Did you all hear a little pop noise before it went off? I definitely did and it's now a VR brick!

LOL

zyruz007
Honored Guest
Same problems then i stuck my finger to sensor and it came back on so its a sensor issue good luck