cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest2 is locked at 72hz, despite being set to 90hz in Oculus software

timhet
Honored Guest

I have previously had my Quest 2 running at 90hz, but I believe since a since update, it is locked at 72hz in all games.  I have it set to 90hz in the Oculus Software and have restated the device several times.  I've tried changing it back to 72, then back to 90 again and restarting.

Does anyone know what might be happening or how to fix this?

(Running at RTX 2080 Super GPU and its running at 50-60% GPU at 72hz).

13 REPLIES 13

racingjunkie76
Protege

If it's with oculus link then I'm having the same issue.. I also have a white horizontal stripe across screen while using link after a few minutes in Dirt Rally 2. What version are you on?  I'm on v27 and I have been having all kinds of problem after V25. Try to disable public test to see if it reverts to another version and fixes the problem. I'm running a 3080.

g0dmak3r
Protege

Same problem! ugh.

phillgood066
Honored Guest

Yeah same thing here tried everything. From debug to tray tool nothing works stuck at 72Hz with link.

timhet
Honored Guest

Just saw another threat on this topic.  Apparently, re-installing the Oculus software fixes it (you can select the repair option).  I'm giving that a try now...halfway through the 5Gb dload...

phillgood066
Honored Guest

There post i saw on FlightSim (not my post) Saying updating oculus software & headset to the beta download.Then turning off beta & updating oculus software back -but not clicking this time “new drivers required for oculus Update Now “ , it will run at 90hz with some part of the beta remaining (drivers) From what i understand is that the software will be at V27 but your headset will be at version V26. Will this affect the new update when it come i can't tell. For now i will stay on the 72Hz until the find solution.

ZeniFoox
Protege

i have that refresh rate issue im guessing it may be a limiter the software is using depending on the hardware it detects?

DondarionT
Explorer

I'm having the same issue with my Quest 2 and RTX 3080

clouds5
Expert Protege

Just tested mine with v27 (Quest 2) and v26 Oculus software. Non-official USB 3 Cable. Previously got ~2.4Gbps on the USB test, now I get around 1Gbps still showing as USB 3 though. Makes no sense...

Even though link performance was better I'm having USB issues for a while now. My Quest 2 will only connect to my PC when it is in Developer Mode. As soon as I toggle the dev mode off in the smartphone app and connect to my PC I get a message "USB device not recognized". I mean it works in dev mode so I just keep it there. But it's another indicator that there are serious issues with the USB connection that need to be fixed!

I5-10600kf@5Ghz, 16GB DDR3600, RTX 2070

Flimbamafoo
Explorer

Is there a fix yet?