cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning to Oculus store is a nightmare

mirnj
Level 2
Hi everybody;
I bought a Oculus Quest from Oculus Store.  it's didn't charge didn't start at all from first day.  it was delivered on May 20th ,Since than I"m waiting a shipping label.  I just a a help tech he told me they send me shipping label but I told them I didn't received it. I check my junk mail nothing there.  I said you can re send me again.   told me that they look into this matter we will contact to you through email.  What a bull shit is this?  I will never bought anything from Oculus Store. And I"m advising you people bought from Amazon or Bestbuy.  I've bitter experience. which I want you  to avoid it.
6 REPLIES 6

SteveG7RTA
Level 7
I don’t think it matters who you buy it from. A faulty device will always go back to Oculus. I bought both my Rift and my Quest from Amazon.
Last year I had a fault with the Rift so I contacted Oculus. They emailed a shipping label etc & then sent a (refurbished) replacement. The whole thing was sorted in a couple of weeks, which was agonising with me not being able to do VR. Compared to most companies though, I thought their service & turnaround was pretty good.
Obviously the Quest is brand new & they will be overwhelmed with enquiries etc at the moment, so I guess they might not respond all that quickly.

SchizoidLoser
Level 3
Always buy high end electronics from local brick and motar stores so you can return and exchange it immediately the same day. I bought a rift and odyssey plus and had to return both due to dead pixels so I just drove to the store and came out with new ones in minutes. If you buy online from amazon or newegg or oculus it will always take weeks to get a new one that is if they even approve your return request.

svladimiri
Level 3
I didn't have any issues returning my first Oculus Rift to Amazon a few years ago.

Knutsi
Level 4

mirnj said:

Hi everybody;
I bought a Oculus Quest from Oculus Store.  it's didn't charge didn't start at all from first day.  it was delivered on May 20th ,Since than I"m waiting a shipping label.  I just a a help tech he told me they send me shipping label but I told them I didn't received it. I check my junk mail nothing there.  I said you can re send me again.   told me that they look into this matter we will contact to you through email.  What a bull shit is this?  I will never bought anything from Oculus Store. And I"m advising you people bought from Amazon or Bestbuy.  I've bitter experience. which I want you  to avoid it.

Oh noes.. /: I'm waiting for one a well. Just two days, but they told me to get back to them if I didn't hear anything by end of tomorrow. After waiting 8 days for them to commit to replacing my broken unit, I really hope there won't be even more delays ?

jab
Level 8
When my first CV1 died Oculus took 5+ months before I got a replacement with lots of back and forth and shipping paperwork mistakes from their side. When my replacement CV1 died I just gave up and put it on a shelf, and bought a Vive instead. So using any retailer is better then buying directly from Oculus, and that is what I did this time with the Quest.

FrancKaos
Level 3

I don’t think it matters who you buy it from. A faulty device will always go back to Oculus. I bought both my Rift and my Quest from Amazon.
Last year I had a fault with the Rift so I contacted Oculus. They emailed a shipping label etc & then sent a (refurbished) replacement. The whole thing was sorted in a couple of weeks, which was agonising with me not being able to do VR. Compared to most companies though, I thought their service & turnaround was pretty good.
Obviously the Quest is brand new & they will be overwhelmed with enquiries etc at the moment, so I guess they might not respond all that quickly.

Faulty CV1 (after 7 months and after troubleshooting with oculus via email for a week), phoned Amazon, they sent me a new one next day delivery and a month to return the old one for free (by handing it in to my local post office), so yea, it matters.