cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Oculus Quest Charger Not Working

IAmJayk
Explorer
[SOLVED]

As mentioned earlier, I now have a solution to the Oculus Quest Charger Not Working’.

In order for the Quest charger to function properly you must plug it in firmly then slightly lift up the bottom of the ending attached to the Quest. o5558vv3ma2o.jpeg

You should see a little bit of the white metal USB C popping out and I guarantee you that it will charge. 

Try it now and if it works for you if so then like this/mark as answered/comment to let me know it worked. 

FYI I’ve still gotten a replacement so I will inspect if it’s the same on others however I doubt the issue will be on another Quest since not everyone had this charging issue. 
105 REPLIES 105

jab
Rising Star
If I where in your situation I would buy a USB-C powerbank since it would serve two purposes. Both being able to deliver a powerful enough charge current to the quest, and extend your play time.

IAmJayk
Explorer

dc2889 said:

At first it didn’t work.make sure you shutdown the quest then plug it in. The light should flash red for a while then white as It will attempt to power on. shut it down and the light will stay on a solid orange color. I believe it’s the charger and the battery that is flawed. the official quest charger buzzing even when unplugged and the battery for not charging after one cycle. the switch charger forces it to take a cycle restarting the battery itself. any charger now working with headset except the official one.

The Nintendo Switch charger doesn’t work for me neither smh. I’ve tired to do what you said above with the Oculus charger, it says on orange then it goes white and starts blinking red again, and goes back to white. I turn it off and it stays on red...This is a joke now.

2010Knight
Honored Guest
I had to turn my cord around and it works now.  

InfinitR
Protege
Had an issue where charging light wouldn't come on but seem to have found a solution....fyi for anyone who runs into this, see link.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/75775/had-problem-charging-no-indicator-light-solve...

IAmJayk
Explorer
52xycycnye7n.jpeg(POSSIBLY SOLVED) -

Guys so I’ve been trying to figure out How to solve the charging, and I think I’ve solved it...

When I plug in the charger to my Quest firmly it does not seem to work HOWEVER

I fiddled with it and it turns out that when I plug it into the Quest and slightly lift up the bottom of the cable end that’s attached to my Quest, It starts to actually charge.

[SIMPLY PLUG THE CHARGER IN AT ANY TIME AND SLIGHTLY LIFT UP THE BOTTOM END OF IT ON THE QUEST AS SHOWN IN THE PICTURE]. 

Try it yourself and let me know if it works.  

Anonymous
Not applicable
I bought a Nintendo switch charger and so far it's charging. So hopefully it will work. I also bought a usb C to usb cable so I can try and plug into a power bank I have.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I spoke to soon. the Nintendo switch worked for 10 mins and stopped. but so far the usb to usb c connected to my dji googles brick is working. my wife has one too and her charger works. shame on facebook for non quality control

dc2889
Expert Protege
I factory reset my quest it charges now with factory cable and different wall plug c charger hopefully it doesn’t happen to to many ppl 

dc2889
Expert Protege
Faulty c chargers from oculus I didn’t expect this 

livson
Protege
So I'm having a problem to a lesser degree, but my quest battery drains while charging on the included charger if the headset is in use. Turned off it currently charges, though it did seem to slow way down from the initial charge time. Took 45 minutes to go from 82% to full. I've read on many reddit posts that most people were able charge or hold charge while plugged in and using. Also my anker power core II slim 10000 battery pack, that outputs the same 5v 3amp that the quest charger is rated at actually does charge the quest while in use. Also my quest charger makes a buzzing noise as well. Definitely something not right.