cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage size query for quest

CraigFred
Honored Guest
Hi
im new here, so apologies if this has already been discussed.
im looking at buying a Quest for my sons, I’m thinking of the 64gb as it’s cheaper, if they run out of storage, is it easy to delete games and reinstall them when they want to play them again? Without having to buy the games again.
any guidance is appreciated please
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enigma01
Trustee
Yes you can absolutely do that. Any games you purchase from the Oculus store can be re-downloaded as many times as you like. 

Only issue is that it isn’t currently very easy to back up game save data. So if you delete the game, you also lose save data. 

Oculus announced cloud storage 2 which can be used by the Quest. But currently not all game and app developers are utilising it I don’t believe. It allows save data to be placed on the cloud rather than stored on the device itself. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

enigma01
Trustee
Yes you can absolutely do that. Any games you purchase from the Oculus store can be re-downloaded as many times as you like. 

Only issue is that it isn’t currently very easy to back up game save data. So if you delete the game, you also lose save data. 

Oculus announced cloud storage 2 which can be used by the Quest. But currently not all game and app developers are utilising it I don’t believe. It allows save data to be placed on the cloud rather than stored on the device itself. 

CraigFred
Honored Guest
Many thanks for your response, it is very helpful.