cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Pro 8 with Quest 2

gman713
Protege

I have a new Surface Pro 8 paired with a GTX 1080 and getting great performance playing Steam games,.for example I just was playing Cyberpunk 2077 at medium settings, 1920 x 1200 resolution and getting 45-55 FPS. I'm thinking that should be enough to play Oculus games through Air Link.  I tried running Robo Recall and the game keeps crashing after I just start to load the game. So I gave up playing that game.  Next I tried going to my desktop to play Steam VR games.  The issue is that my desktop is always a black screen when using Air Link.  So I tried Virtual Desktop, which does show my desktop every time (unlike Air Link). However when playing games like Stride or the Walking Dead Saints and Sinners, the gameplay is janky and laggy at times when playing. I don't recall having any of these issues a year and a half ago playing Half Life Alyx using my original Quest and virtual desktop.  Any ideas on what could be causing all the lagging nowadays with the Quest 2?  For now I'm sticking with playing Cyberpunk, Forza and Halo Infinite on my Surface Pro.  

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, we see you are running into a error with some of your applications. Let us work together to see what we can do to get this issue resolved. 

When your apps are not loading are you getting an error or a black screen?

Sometimes our headset needs an update, please check if you have any updates that need to be preformed. If your headset is up to date, please see if your computer is up to date with Windows 10. 

You can try and preform a soft reboot to see if your applications just need a restart. 

To reboot your headset:

1. With your headset on, hold the power button on the right side of your headset down until you're prompted with a shut-down screen.
  2. Select Restart to reboot your Quest 2 or Quest.

If you are still having this issue occur, please private message us and we will assist you further. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

What wifi bandwidth does Virtual Desktop report? If you are on 5GHz it should report, normally, 866MBps. If it's reporting much less than that you may be connected to a 2.4Ghz or other slow wifi.