cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The absolute state of Oculus Support.. Get a load of this.

StevesjustSteve
Protege

I'm now on ver 33 update and still have no 120hz. I've reset features and even factory reset countless times! I've been trying to get 120hz for 5 months, 5 updates and 5 support tickets now and after this last support ticket I've lost all hope in Oculus support being able to resolve ANY issue whatsoever. 

The first 4 tickets consisted of a combination of me getting the run around & being passed off to multiple people, many who promised to stick with me until the issue was fixed only to never be heard from again or almost worse lying to me by saying that "you'll get it next update, just wait".

But this last support ticket topped them all had me seriously wondering if I was messaging the real Oculus Support or a Nigerian scammer who was just about to ask me for my credit card number.... Listen to how totally inept and ignorant of even things like their own OCULUS QUEST UI!

Here's their first response was asking me to use my phone camera to make a video by trying to VIDEO THROUGH THE LENS?🙄 Uhhh, that's pretty much impossible and WHY wouldn't I just take a screen cap using the capture capability BUILT INTO THE UI? So that's what I did...   

So that we can get a better understanding of what you are experiencing, kindly send me a video of your experimental settings that shows that there is no 120hz option available. 

• To take a video to display what you experience in the headset, you will need to cover the proximity sensor between the lenses to allow the headset to power on the same as when it is being used. 
  • Be sure to turn off the flash and use appropriate lighting for a clear video. 
  • If the file size is too large, please upload the video to YouTube or Dropbox with the video set to public so that we can have access to view it.

Of course for the next response I was passed on to a totally different person again who referenced me to some random REDDIT POST to try and fix my quest! What?!?!?😮

I will be assisting you today on behalf of my colleague, a pleasure to meet you. 

I can see here that you're reporting about the missing 120hz feature that is experimental as of the moment. I also appreciate you for trying to resolve it by factory resetting the headset and resetting the experimental to its default option. Thank you for providing the screen recordings of your headset. 

After watching and reviewing them, I was able to see that you have the latest software version which is v32, and still don't have the 120hz option. This feature was rolled out on v28. Also, I was able to review the official Reddit of Oculus and their discussion about the same issue you're experiencing. You can view it here. After reading all their discussion, they also tried the troubleshooting that you've done and still didn't get the feature. You can try the alternative options posted on Reddit, but I cannot guarantee that it will work since it didn't come from our team officially.

I expressed how ridiculous I thought referring me to some randos Reddit post to fix my Quest was and a week later I get another response from.... you guessed it.... yet another completely new person and it's not getting any better, their obviously not sending their best folks...

This time they tell me to contact the developer of the game I'm trying to play in 120hz? How the hell is a game dev going to do anything to fix Oculus not allowing me to access core features in Oculus' UI?🤔

Thank you for getting back to us and we apologize for the delay in our responses.

I truly understand where you`re coming from. I have read your case and its entirely and I have seen all the effort you have made from reaching out to us multiple times. I know you've been waiting for the experimental feature to be added on your headset for quite a while now. It saddened us knowing that it is not yet available while you are already on the latest version.

The 120Hz is an experimental feature, however, please be advised that it is up to the developer of the game if they want to add this feature. In this case, I highly suggest that you should reach to your games' developers for further assistance. For more information, please check Oculus Quest build 28.0 release notes here.

I know this is not the answer you are expecting from us but we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Should you have any idea or feedback that can help us improve our Quest platform, you can submit it here.

I wish nothing but the best for your family and friends. Well-wishes to your health and stay safe!

And here's the last message from them, that was over 3 weeks ago and despite me asking for an update every other day I still haven't had one. THE ABSOLUTE STATE....

I am following up on your report of missing 120 Hz capability with your Oculus Quest 2.

We are concerned to hear that you have still not received this feature after updating to the latest software. We are aware of an internal issue that prevented it from being available to all customers, but that should have been resolved with the software update.

This is very unlikely to be a hardware issue, so replacing the headset would probably not help. We are looking more closely into this matter so we can get your software working the way it's supposed to.

Please allow us a little more time to investigate, and we will be in touch as soon as possible.

9 REPLIES 9

RomerKo
Explorer

you’re not the only one mate, same **bleep** here, tens of resets, dosen of support tickets and absolutely zero success.

haven’t really played anything since march:(

Yornav
Explorer

Same story here. Logged several support tickets and everytime it ended with "Just be patient. It will eventually come to your Quest.".......uhuh......WHEN!!!???????

I'm starting to get REALLY frustrated by this. I did multiple factory resets (which I'm also done with, unless they can 100% ASSURE that it will solve the issue) and resets of the experimental features, but nothing helps.

A couple of weeks ago I logged a ticket AGAIN, but haven't heard ANYTHING. Just plain radio silence. I was clear in my email that I wasn't going to accept the same **bleep**ty answer from them again. (i.e. "just be patient.") Maybe they know it will never be solved. Maybe it's a hardware issue that they do not want to admit right now, as most of the Quests are still under warranty. So admitting it's a hardware related issue, would mean that a lot of people will need to receive a replacement. It would adorn Facebook if at some point they come up with some proper solution for everybody who is struggling with this issue. I mean, I'm willing to even pay extra if I have to have my 64GB version being replaced by a 128GB version.

FACEBOOK: DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!

RomerKo
Explorer

3weeks of complete silence on the topic just proves Steve’s point… 😞

Yornav
Explorer

Last week I finally got an answer. But still as unsatisfying as ever.

Thank you for your patience while we reviewed your case. We appreciate your continued patience, and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused thus far.

I am writing to inform you that we are still actively working on this issue and we had not forgotten about you.

Currently the 120Hz feature is an experimental feature and we're working on making it available to everyone. This has also been escalated to our teams for investigation as they work to improve this experimental feature.

Please continue to update your headset and reboot and you should see this option in the future. Once I receive additional information regarding availability I will reach back out to you as soon as possible.

Your patience and kindest understanding is appreciated in this matter.

Ok, so I SHOULD see it in the future. That sound to me as that in the end I will definitely get it. But what is the "future"?? Late 2021 or 2022?? Or 2025!?? Or 2050!!!???? C'mon Facebook, come up with some better answer and actually prove that you guys are working on this. This sounds to me as an empty promise, just to keep their customers happy for some more months until they get frustrated again and send in another ticket so FB supporrt can give them the exact same answer as above......"Please continue to update your headset and reboot and you should see this option in the future."........uhuh.

EDIT: In v34 I received the feature, so Oculus kept their promise. Thanks, Oculus. 

Yeah they've tried that exact same canned reply to me about 3 months ago. It's total BS.

AlexiTQ
Adventurer

Oculus has the worst "support" I've ever seen. They're literally like bots with canned and fake-polite responses. Surely it must be an AI behind those names? I don't want to believe real people can be so abysmally stupid and incompetent. Despite my best efforts I haven't been able to a single response that's straight and to the point, and I've sent a lot of emails.

F- me, even UPS has better support effectively making Facebook/Oculus the worst in the world (if you've never had the misfortune of dealing with UPS, go check their reviews online.

Please make sure to never ever buy from Oculus again and don't let your friends do it either.

StevesjustSteve
Protege

After 6 MONTHS and 37 emails to support, I asked for an update since I just got the 6th update without it being fixed and GUESS WHAT?!?!?  You're never going to believe it........... I got the same email reply that I did to my first email like they didn't even bother to read my 37th reply or the previous 36 emails in the thread. 

I have never felt so betrayed by a company and after buying 4 Quests for friends and family I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHERONE!!! EVER! And I will do EVERYTHING I can to influence others to do the same! FU Let's go Oculus 👏👏     👏👏👏👏

Yornav
Explorer

Today my quest updated itself to v34 and to my surprise the 120Hz feature showed up in my experimental features menu. I don't know what they did or why it took so long, but one thing for sure, I'm over the moon about it. 😀

Hey Yornav, we are glad to hear you are happy with the update!  Feel free to reach out to us with any questions, or concerns. We look forward to seeing you in VR! 😎🎮

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!