cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking lost every time Quest 2 is turned on

SterbenWarStorm
Explorer

I’ve tried increasing lighting, turning off hand tracking, turning tracking off and back on, updating the device to v29, cleaning the cameras, and turning the device off and back on. Nothing has worked. Is there anything that I can do to fix it that doesn’t involve factory reset?

13 REPLIES 13

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Based on everything you've listed, the next step would be a factory reset in order to resolve any potential software issues that could be affecting the Quest 2. If you go ahead with that and it still has issues, click here to submit a ticket, we'd like to help. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Would I lose my games or my game progress if I was to factory reset?

SCOOBY-Snaps
Honored Guest

Yes!  And I have exact same issue after v29 update!

sandmanx5
Honored Guest

This problem has been happening ever since my quest 2 updated to v29.  Every time it powers up I get the tracking lost error until it figures out where it is, and it also has been happening while playing games.  VERY annoying when it happens mid song while trying to play Pistol Whip!!

No issues at all before it updated to 29.

Mines been happening just before V29. I have no idea what happened. I’m just going to wait out until V29 has fully rolled out before I try a factory reset (just in case it fixes it)

AiYume
Honored Guest

I had this start happening about a week ago. Looks like there was some kind of update even after V29, that I'm I'm worrying affected it. I have two other friends having similar issues. Today I even tried a factory reset. Still having issues. 

mattysparkles
Honored Guest

Same here I just did a factory reset too and it took like a day and a half to redownload everything and I lost all game progress frustrating since it didn't fix it. My hotel wifi sucks too making the problem of downloading it all again so much worse.  It's like If i give me headset a little shake while wearing it it comes back but really annoying during games. My pop one squad hates me bc of this.  There seems to be alot if glitches on these things where as the rift s I had was without issue. (And much lighter in weight)

john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer

Why doesn't the Oculus Quest games use the cloud saving ? This is a hassle every time the headset needs a factory reset.

this is clearly a software issue that came with V29. Oculus needs to fix this soon, because it’s getting really annoying.