cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried everything, Oculus Link still doesn't work

Brambleleaf
Honored Guest

Hey everyone,

Recently got my headset a week ago and I've never had this until now, but randomly my cable won't even work between my pc and my headset. I've tried 3 different cables and none of them work. What happens is that I'll plug the cable in to both sides, the message will pop up asking me to Deny or Allow sharing(to which I deny), and then it just.. doesn't ask for me to Enable Link. The option isn't even in settings either so I can't even do that. I've done things to the Oculus app on my pc(I've logged in and logged out, checked for updates, restart multiple times) but nothing seems to change it. It's weird because when I restart the headset, the app will say "Active" and say it's connected, but as soon as I click "deny" then it'll say "Not Connected" and anything after that will keep saying "Not Connected".

I've checked my port settings to make sure port sharing is disabled(read somewhere that I should do that but it was already disabled beforehand). I've restarted my computer and headset multiple times and nothing has worked. I've listened to the sounds on my computer to see if it's disconnecting it and it seems to be playing the Windows disconnect sound everytime I click deny(which is weird, it's like it considers the headset connected until I click one of the options there and then doesn't let me use the link). 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Spyder17
Expert Protege

Have you used AirLink at all?  Make sure that the option on the headset is not checked. 

PITTCANNA
Visionary

@Brambleleaf wrote:

Hey everyone,

Recently got my headset a week ago and I've never had this until now, but randomly my cable won't even work between my pc and my headset. I've tried 3 different cables and none of them work. What happens is that I'll plug the cable in to both sides, the message will pop up asking me to Deny or Allow sharing(to which I deny), and then it just.. doesn't ask for me to Enable Link. The option isn't even in settings either so I can't even do that. I've done things to the Oculus app on my pc(I've logged in and logged out, checked for updates, restart multiple times) but nothing seems to change it. It's weird because when I restart the headset, the app will say "Active" and say it's connected, but as soon as I click "deny" then it'll say "Not Connected" and anything after that will keep saying "Not Connected".

I've checked my port settings to make sure port sharing is disabled(read somewhere that I should do that but it was already disabled beforehand). I've restarted my computer and headset multiple times and nothing has worked. I've listened to the sounds on my computer to see if it's disconnecting it and it seems to be playing the Windows disconnect sound everytime I click deny(which is weird, it's like it considers the headset connected until I click one of the options there and then doesn't let me use the link). 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Is your computer capable of running link?

Most times people don't read the specs for link. and there pc is not adequate.  Also it would be helpful if you post pc specs and computer configuration because it just looks like your venting with out doing the right things.  In short your op really doesn't get to the point.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, thanks for bringing this to the community. We understand the frustration from your Oculus not connecting with your computer. 

Let's try the troubleshooting steps below. 

• What type of cables are you using? Are you using the included charging cable the official Oculus Link cable, or a 3rd party cable?
  • Confirm the compatibility of your PC to make sure it meets the Oculus link compatibility.
  • Are you using a USB 3.0 port?
  • Confirm that there are not an excessive amount of non-Oculus USB devices connected to the PC while trying to enable link.
  • If you have multiple USB 3.0 ports available on the PC, connect the Link cable to these available USB ports to see if there’s any change in the software detecting the Headset, or the ability to use Link.

If those steps don't help please submit a support ticket here and include your Oculus logs which you can get following the steps here

We look forward to hearing back from you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

TheTr4veller
Honored Guest

@Brambleleaf wrote:

What happens is that I'll plug the cable in to both sides, the message will pop up asking me to Deny or Allow sharing(to which I deny)

There's your problem. You have to click Allow, otherwise it doesn't work because it gives your PC access to the internal storage as well as functioning for Link. Same is true if you say plug in your iPhone to your PC, and you get that pop up that says "Do you Trust this computer?"

@TheTr4veller wrote:

@Brambleleaf wrote:

What happens is that I'll plug the cable in to both sides, the message will pop up asking me to Deny or Allow sharing(to which I deny)

There's your problem. You have to click Allow, otherwise it doesn't work because it gives your PC access to the internal storage as well as functioning for Link. Same is true if you say plug in your iPhone to your PC, and you get that pop up that says "Do you Trust this computer?"

Stop giving bad advice.  Per oculus link instructions it says click deny on the first prompt then enable link.

Capture.JPG