cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble connecting to SteamVR. Please help.

MetalMan11
Explorer

So all I'm trying to do is play this driving sim called "city car driving" that I just purchased today on steam.

I am able to long into the Facebook account that I have linked up to my quest 2 on both my PC and phone. However, when trying to log into the Oculus app, it tries to have me continue to sign in thru my default web browser (chrome) but the loading wheel just continues to spin and it never finishes. I've read some posts about this and apparently it's not a crazy rare issue.

I'm not very tech savvy however and this is immensely frustrating. Why do they make it so hard to actually enjoy using their product ya know?

Could it be because my PC is underspecced? I doubt that would make me unable to even TRY to run the game.

I have the headset recognizing the link cable once it's in but it just repeatedly tells me that I haven't logged into my Oculus account and that I need to do so before I can run STEAM VR.

Without STEAM VR it's useless to even run the game. Please help.

Just to reiterate... I can log into Facebook on both my phone and PC separately. I can log into my Oculus app on my phone, separately. It also appears that I am also able to log in to the Oculus app on my PC, but that loading wheel in the "Continue in your default browser" window never stops spinning and I am not able to get it to connect and become one with STEAM VR, though it tells me that the device recognizes the link cable.

*UPDATE* Now i can technically get it to connect to steamvr, but when I put the headset back on, this is the error message I get,... 

"Unknown source. You're opening an app from an unknown source. Oculus has not yet reviewed the app for security comfort content or health and safety. To continue please remove your headset and visit general settings in the oculus software"

Which again, I CAN NOT DO!!! This is immensely frustrating. My oculus app doesnt have a general settings tab!!! How screwed up is this? Please give me some assistance.

7 REPLIES 7

Samsonite121
Explorer

There are general settings on Oculus PC app:

Samsonite121_0-1630216033917.png

The screenshot is with German localization but you should find the position in every other localization also.

My app doesnt look like that. Dead serious. Maybe I dont have the right one?

MetalMan11
Explorer

I Don't think its actually ever correctly logged me in to the app! The wheel keeps spinning and it tells me me to continue in the other browser.

MetalMan11
Explorer

That would honestly explain why I havent been able to solve this... It tells me to continue in the other browser to confirm my facebook account and then I'm never actually able to. What can I do here?

Take your Default Browser on PC and go to https://www.oculus.com/
Login there with your Facebook Account. Then try again to start your Oculus App on PC.

MetalMan11
Explorer

still nothing

Would you be willing to get on discord with me sometime so we could do a screenshare type thing so you could see for yourself whats going on here?