cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreal Engine Building errors for Oculus Quest

cesar3dartist
Explorer
I have been facing a lot of errors when building for the Oculus Quest from Unreal Engine. Unreal Engine calls android.bat when building the Oculus Quest project, and fails every single time. I already tried Data Build: "on the fly" and "by the book". Prior to this error, Unreal Engine was trying to build with android-28 and I didn't have it. So I downloaded Android Studio, and within it, I downloaded the latest. I opened the Android project and set the SDK to 28. Yet, here is where I get stuck: It is still showing target=android-19. I'm not sure if this is the problem, it shouldn't but here is the last trace of information I get from the Unreal Engine build text log.

Log.WriteException: ERROR: D:/NVPACK/android-sdk-windows/tools/android.bat failed with args --silent update lib-project --path JavaLibs/downloader_library --target android-28
Log.WriteException:        (see C:\Users\Cesar Montero\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\D+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.22\Log.txt for full exception trace)
Log.WriteException: 
Log.WriteException: BuildException: D:/NVPACK/android-sdk-windows/tools/android.bat failed with args --silent update lib-project --path JavaLibs/downloader_library --target android-28
Notice how it is calling the android.bat. 

How do I get around this? I hear that the use of that bat file is deprecated. Why would UE4 be calling it then? Or maybe I'm doing something else wrong? Btw, I'm posting my Android project settings too. Some people on internet suggesting disabling "Enable Gradle instead of Ant" to solve Quest build problems, but I am still getting this error with or without such setting.  

f07e02aj0bkm.jpg
This confuses me. I was able to donwload the Android API 28, and set it to 28 as requested by the Unreal Engine project. Yet, when I come into the Android Studio project, it still marks: target=android-19. I am not sure if that discrepancy is creating the problem. 

giasep8nxk78.jpg
uo7no78dss2a.jpg
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi have you sorted this out? I got a little isssue with Oculus Quest
I can't see anything that is made on UR4 4.23.1, through my headsets.
..after setting up a VR project as per any tutorials, I plug my Quest, lunch the VR basic env. into the Headset but nothing, i see just black...can u help me to figure this? MANY TKX

cesar3dartist
Explorer
Hey @Elhoi , I just noticed your question. I was able to build using 4.22, but I had to download the engine from Github and used a branch from the Oculus Quest folks to make it work. The out-of-the-box doesn't seem to allow you to get features that you need. It doesn't seem to be something related to the engine. It is the toolset used to build for android that comes included in that branch.