cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V25 seems very much like it's bricked my Quest 2.

dadd3
Explorer
Anyone found a fix for this yet.. Here's what I sent them..

Hi, my Quest 2 will not turn on after v25 update. Nothing works and just shows a square with a down arrow then stays permanently on the flashing white O. I tried leaving it on this screen for many hours, then turned it off for hours, rebooted it, the same thing, left it on the flashing O overnight, nothing but the flashing O still, so have tried factory reset 3 times, but stays the same. Have tried holding down the power button for 30 seconds afterwards each time stated on your Q&A page. Same thing. Very disappointed, please help.

Anyone found an answer? Cheers..
8 REPLIES 8

dadd3
Explorer
Also I bought mine new from eBay so I don't even know if they will replace it if not.? 😕

richard.szydelko
Explorer
Not an expert, but sounds like software wasn't updated correctly. Have you tried to manually update the firmware? Maybe its worth a try. There are videos on youtube showing how you do this together with links to download the firmware. Good luck. And also it doesn't really matter where you bought the Oculus Quest from, you are still protected by product liability law. (this is if you are in the UK not sure about other countries), so it is faulty you should be able to return it for a replacement.

dadd3
Explorer
Cheers for your suggestions, though I don't have access to a computer at the moment (without a lot of traveling and effort) unfortunately, is there another way, like through a phone? And is it done through sideload or?

dadd3
Explorer
Do you know if you can chat to Oculus live stream support somehow also? I've sent 3 tickets already.

Don't send multiple tickets. I know it must be frustrating but wait for your ticket to be answered, I think a lot of people send multiple tickets and it makes the process longer than it would otherwise be as they have to work though them all. You can also try the chat feature.

SlowStreaker
Explorer
Try and turn off developer mode (if you have that on) in the iphone or android app. Make sure the headset is close by your phone.

dadd3
Explorer
My phone doesn't recognise it's even there 😕 Like I said to another group on Facebook, I will definitely and happily send any game of choice to anyone who can help me sort this out. With much, much appreciation...

dadd3
Explorer
The crappiest thing about this is how well this Q2 has been looked after, always . It could only have been that damn update.