cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V34 Update i need to turn off auto update

AnimeKing18
Protege

V34 was running fine so far link is giving me some issues with clarity and my quest 2 boots evert time no lockups the home menu not lagging but when i wake the quest 2 out of sleep and run resident evil for or oculus link, only them 2 things the system will crash. I'm glad I backed up my RE4 saves because the last crash corrupted my saves and with air link is fine still **bleep** to use and virtual desktop works fine too for my rift titles from the oculus store but reg link the quest will crash. This only happens when I wake my quest it never happens when I power it on for the day. I still think RE4 needs to be on pc but i know thats not happening but a man can dreamThis only happens with RE4 AND OCULUS LINK when the quest is waken from sleepThis only happens with RE4 AND OCULUS LINK when the quest is waken from sleep

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there AnimeKing18,

Hopefully one day all your dreams will come true! 🧡

Until then, we could work together to get you back to gaming by attempting some troubleshooting steps. 

Kindly follow the instructions below at the best of your ability:

• Use USB 3 cable into a USB 3.0 port on your PC
  • Update your graphics card, you can follow the instructions in this Oculus Support article for Updating your graphics card and drivers on Oculus Rift S or Rift. (it is still applicable for Oculus Link troubleshooting)
  • Check your headset and see if Air Link is enabled. If it is enabled, try disabling it. 

Once disabled > unplug the Oculus Link and reconnect it back to the PC.

If a message displays in VR prompting you to "Allow access to data" > kindly select "Deny"

When prompted to "Enable Oculus Link" > select "Enable" to begin remote rendering using Oculus Link

After attempting the troubleshooting steps, and you continue to run into the same issue, please submit us your Oculus Log files (still applicable for Oculus Link troubleshooting) by opening an Oculus Support ticket so we can look further into this for you. 

Have a great week!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

AnimeKing18
Protege

Are you guys really telling me to use a USB 3 cable update my graphics drivers when the quest itself is crashing when it crashed it didn't even get into link mode I plugged it in I hit enable link and the quest crashed but yeah the cable I use is USB 3.2 gen 1 and my graphic drivers update automatically. But my PC really has nothing to do with it when it happens in resident evil 4 also and this only happens when I wake the quest not when I first power it on I normally power it off anyway so it's not that big of a deal I just wanted to mention it.

weenan
Protege

I´ve had the same crash image pop up a couple of times after waking the headset. I can´t tell for sure what I was doing but I believe I was either just at the "home" or maby in Virtual Desktop.

AnimeKing18
Protege

looks like i need to use revive to play my rift titles because now i have tracking issues in both stand alone and pcvr yay broken software is the best. I had some major issues on v33 stand alone tracking issues, quest not booting, home interface lagged with the added bonus that some games didn't run but v34 crashes when i wake the device not all the time but sometimes and tracking issues in pcvr oh boy

@AnimeKing18 wrote:

looks like i need to use revive to play my rift titles because now i have tracking issues in both stand alone and pcvr yay broken software is the best. I had some major issues on v33 stand alone tracking issues, quest not booting, home interface lagged with the added bonus that some games didn't run but v34 crashes when i wake the device not all the time but sometimes and tracking issues in pcvr oh boy

Dude did you steal my headset?

I have exactly the same issues.

I have a similar issue since V34 Link stopped working. I tried on 2 computers and it is not working. They were both fine before the update. Fix the V34 and stop forcing updates that ruin our experiences!