cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIVE DAS?

chefskinner
Honored Guest
so i purchased a "frankenstein" kit + vive das and after some fiddling around to get things to attach correctly / securely it's a great upgrade over the oq2 stock strap... the thing is the headphone cups on the vive strap don't seem to position correctly? it's clear that they have a mechanism / hinge that allows you to flip them up out of the way, but i can't snap mine down past the "down click" position, it's as if my head's too big, the hinges won't reach a point where they "click closed"? consequently the cups float a couple of inches away from ears... is this normal, that it's supposed to be, or are the cups supposed to snap down and touch your ears? hope my question makes sense!
5 REPLIES 5

aguy10
Heroic Explorer
There's probably YouTube videos of people putting it together. Also ask in the YouTube comments preferably multiple people if you want the quickest reply.

Irishguy53
Honored Guest
I just got off "chat" with Vive. I tried to demonstrate that the issue of the headphones not closing or staying closed on one's ears is a really common issue. Sent pictures, links to sites where this is discussed ... they were clueless, offered a "repair Process" ticket. Um, 'scuse me, my headset is brand new, AND there are buttloads of complaints about this issue all over the internet dating back more than two years.

They've done nothing.

The "fix" to date seems to be bending the earphone support arm a bit. Well, yeah, I 'spose that's better than throwing the headset against the wall in frustration. I shouldn't be bending brand new stuff to work. The rabid reviewers of the DAS should be pointing this issue out (maybe instead of getting free stuff to review) but what I read (and what caused me to buy the damn thing in the first place) is the comfort experience. OK. I concede I like the comfort and security of the headset (though I ALSO concede that I don't have years of experience with other headsets to compare).

But the headphones are a failure, they won't close or they spring out during use, to remove them now puts the headset on par with a couple of other lest costly aftermarket offerings.

Really not happy with them ... considering what they cost. 

jay.ogle.9250
Protege
Mine work great. Had them on my Quest 1 and now Quest 2. No problem! What's your HAT SIZE?

ohgrant
Superstar
Yeah I have two now for my Quest and Quest 2. Both headphones snap down and touch my ears. Decent headphones too I'm a tad hard of hearing but have to turn the volume down one notch on my Quest 2. The folks giving the positive reviews probably also didn't have the issues you are.  
 If you just got it, IMO it is better trying to return it as defective than risking any guarantee /warranty it might have.  
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

Not_M477.
Honored Guest

Try wearing the strap lower on your head, I found loosening the top strap and putting the arms closer to my ears made the headphones click into place and now they feel fine.