cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning!!! Scratched Glasses and Quest 2 lenses. Separator does not protect lenses

AtomicSpaceBot
Honored Guest
So, I found out the hard way that the glasses separater does not separate enough for glasses. They do not prevent glasses from rubbing into the Oculus lenses. I have two pairs of glasses scratched and a scratched Oculus lense. I wish I knew this issue before using glasses in my brand new Quest 2!!!
10 REPLIES 10

Howie_Doodat
Rising Star
Yep, this happened to me as well, and right after I bought brand new glasses. I emailed them and they traded it out for another new set, which they technically say they don’t do, so I’d recommend emailing support and being really nice about it. 

ZeniFoox
Protege
they could possibly do a bigger spacer?

ZeniFoox
Protege
cause thank god im hyper aware of it

Howie_Doodat
Rising Star
I’d definitely get either the rubber inserts (stop your glasses from hitting the lenses) or prescription inserts. Any size of spacer still worries me because I feel like certain movements would still make your glasses fling forward into the lens. 

ZeniFoox
Protege
what exactly does the rubber inserts do do they rub up against the glasses preventing them from physically touching the headsets lenses?

Howie_Doodat
Rising Star

ZeniFoox said:

what exactly does the rubber inserts do do they rub up against the glasses preventing them from physically touching the headsets lenses?

I believe you’re the same person who PM’d me, but for the sake of others, yes, that’s exactly it. It won’t increase comfort necessarily (I’d say you need prescription inserts or contacts for that), but it’ll protect your glasses and headset 

aguy10
Heroic Explorer
Amvr rings

Strongit
Heroic Explorer
I'm very aware of where my glasses are and felt them bump into the lenses once.  I immediately stopped wearing them in VR and got a set of prescription inserts.  Luckily nothing got scratched.
Quest 1, i5-8600K at 4.7 GHz, eVGA 1080 ti FTW3, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16 GB 3200 MHz

Another option to consider is an after-market strap that includes eye relief (adjusting the position of the headset towards or away from your face), as per the Rift-S headstrap. The GOMRVR halo seems to get some good reviews but I can't vouch for it as I haven't tried it.