cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do my lenses keep fogging up?

Stripefoot
Explorer
My Oculus Quest lenses got foggy, so I cleaned it with a new glasses cleaner, and it worked. Within a minute they were fogged up again. Why is this happening and how can I prevent this?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Gently warm the inside of your headset before you play. Condensation is because warm humid air hits the cool lenses .   This is an issue and will always be an issue it is simple physics. However warming the lenses will help.
Also it gets better as you get your vr legs. When you are.mew to vr one of the initial side effects most of us have is we get a bit clammy which makes the issue worse. .
Also don't use VR straight after having a shower. Damp hair makes things even worse..
Once the headset warms up you should find it less of a problem which is why warming it up 1st will help. Just don't go too mad I left my rift on a radiator and melted the glue on my brand new replacement facial insert

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

View solution in original post

AdrianG001
Explorer
The easiest way that i use to prevent your Oculus Go from fogging up is to place it on your head, but not over your eyes, for around five minutes before you start using it for VR. This heats up the lenses and will stop fog from impairing your vision.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Gently warm the inside of your headset before you play. Condensation is because warm humid air hits the cool lenses .   This is an issue and will always be an issue it is simple physics. However warming the lenses will help.
Also it gets better as you get your vr legs. When you are.mew to vr one of the initial side effects most of us have is we get a bit clammy which makes the issue worse. .
Also don't use VR straight after having a shower. Damp hair makes things even worse..
Once the headset warms up you should find it less of a problem which is why warming it up 1st will help. Just don't go too mad I left my rift on a radiator and melted the glue on my brand new replacement facial insert

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

AdrianG001
Explorer
The easiest way that i use to prevent your Oculus Go from fogging up is to place it on your head, but not over your eyes, for around five minutes before you start using it for VR. This heats up the lenses and will stop fog from impairing your vision.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Use a blow dryer on low and heat the lenses a bit before using. I had this problem with the CV1 but not so much with the Quest.

enigma01
Trustee
You could try stop keeping your headset in the fridge. 

royrawilliams09
Honored Guest
I am an eyewear designer and I have experienced the same issue. I tend to take the head set on and off, so I don't have time to heat it up. If I have exercised or something the problem is worse and makes it impossible to use the head set. We have glasses with a space age Antifog coating on bunch of our sports style. I put them on under the Quest and no issues with any fog, plus the headset feels better because the glasses help support the weight of the headset giving it a more balanced feel. 
some people are more sweaty than others so if you have this issue. here is a promocode for ryders eyewear 
oculus20off
I recommend Seventh clear antifog

Thank you! The temperature is dropping because of the change of the seasons, and I was wondering why I was dealing with foggy lenses so much when I’m exercising.