cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why silence on when Quest 2's will be delivered?

reno55
Level 3
It doesn't feel right that Oculus has been silent on if everyone who pre ordered will receive their device on the launch day. Seems everyone is stuck on processing for shipping and no updates at all. 

Charging cards and being quiet is not a good look for a business

Oculus what is the reason you cannot tell us if we can expect it launch day?
18 REPLIES 18

mattphoto
Level 2
dude, chill
you'll get it. you'll get the tracking number and you'll get the quest 2. Having a tracking number and date today isn't going to change if and when it arrives. 
oculus is not amazon. 
they are shipping tens of thousands of these in a matter of days. That shit ain't easy for a company that releases a just handful of products a year. 
be an adult and have patience 

Richooal
Level 12

reno55 said:
Charging cards and being quiet is not a good look for a business



Oculus NEVER charge cards until the item is about to be sent.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I can say directly from experience on this forum that if Oculus announced "You will get it on launch day" and it reaches late afternoon of launch day without arriving, people will be on here demanding to know why they were lied to.
(And at least a few people asking "Do you think the pandemic might have something to do with it?")

Considering Oculus has zero control over when shipments arrive, even more so this year where global package shipments are getting massive and unpredictable delays, any statement will be a hope rather than a promise, and therefore not really useful.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Twodogsprime
Level 4

kojack said:

I can say directly from experience on this forum that if Oculus announced "You will get it on launch day" and it reaches late afternoon of launch day without arriving, people will be on here demanding to know why they were lied to.
(And at least a few people asking "Do you think the pandemic might have something to do with it?")

Considering Oculus has zero control over when shipments arrive, even more so this year where global package shipments are getting massive and unpredictable delays, any statement will be a hope rather than a promise, and therefore not really useful.


Yeah but i want it now  🙂 , and hey its not like the pandemic is new its been friggin 7 months of stuck inside . and hell if they can have it picked up instore @ best buy on the 13th then they can deliver it to me by the 15th. Also i want a pony j/k 🙂 

Spyder17
Level 5
Received a shipping notice from UPS this evening with a scheduled delivery date of Monday October 12th.  Originally ordered on 1st day of availability from Oculus.

Twodogsprime
Level 4

Spyder17 said:

Received a shipping notice from UPS this evening with a scheduled delivery date of Monday October 12th.  Originally ordered on 1st day of availability from Oculus.


Grats thats awesome are you in the USA ?

reno55
Level 3

Spyder17 said:

Received a shipping notice from UPS this evening with a scheduled delivery date of Monday October 12th.  Originally ordered on 1st day of availability from Oculus.


I also ordered the minute it went live for pre order and have yet to receive any shipping notice from UPS on anything from Oculus.

Spyder17
Level 5
Yes, am in USA.

stijil
Level 3
Ya I ordered it on Sept 16th. Hmm... I did ordered the 256gb version? 
I did get charged only for the Elite Strap so far, but the status is still [ Processing for Shipping ] for both items.