cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Adapters Work On Quest Link?

dega4560
Honored Guest
i have a VR Ready PC but it does not have a USB C port. Will there be a adapter or is there a VR Ready adapter for USB C to Display Port Adapter?
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
As long as your motherboard has USB 3.1 Gen2, then you're fine. My pc has both USB 3.1 Gen2 C and A ports. If you have 3.1 Gen2 but it's a usb-a, then get a usb-a to usb-c adapter. This isn't from the display port, only the usb port.

btw...I think you posted in the wrong section...this question is for Quest, but it's the Rift/Rift-S section.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Moved to Quest section.

They've said A to C adapters should work, as well as any good quality USB 3 cable. As far as which USB spec (3.0, 3.1, 3.2, gen1, gen2, etc.), they said that they'll release detailed specs closer to launch.

The various USB 3.0 specs are all a bit confusing, but I'm going to try the initial beta with my USB 3 active extensions that I use for my CV1 sensors, plus the USB 3 A to C cable that I use for side-loading, and hope for the best.

USB C add-on PCIe cards are cheap and readily available, so I'll probably install one of those in my PC once the official Oculus Link cable comes out.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Beachboye
Honored Guest
Ok. What if I have a usb 2.0 and I use an adapter to convert it to usb c? Will it work then?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Beachboye said:

Ok. What if I have a usb 2.0 and I use an adapter to convert it to usb c? Will it work then?

No, needs to be usb 3.0 for Link.  USB 2.0 will only charge it, and do basic data transferring.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

bhayes7640
Honored Guest
Ok I know this might be an old thread but does anyone know of any USB C to USB 3.1 adapters?

jordibabot
Honored Guest

Ok I know this might be an old thread but does anyone know of any USB C to USB 3.1 adapters?

I'm in the same situation. I've bought the Link cable and have a USB type-A 3.1 gen 2 connection on my PC. Many threads, no responses!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

I'm in the same situation. I've bought the Link cable and have a USB type-A 3.1 gen 2 connection on my PC. Many threads, no responses!

I use these adapters from Amazon and they work ok;

https://www.amazon.com.au/Adapter-Fasgear-Charging-Cellphone-Earphone/dp/B07DVBW53C/ref=sr_1_5?dchil...

I'm sure if you do a bit of googling you will find similar ones.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Yeah, adapters are fine. I use this one:

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Ya, I also have those and they work fine as well.  Your link looks like an assorted variety but the pic is correct.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Adapter-Converter-MacBook-Chromebook-Aluminum/dp/B075R95QM7/ref=sr_1_4?dch...