cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frequency

craig.coel
Explorer

WIth what frequency (Hz) does the headset communicate with the hand controls?  I am asking since I need to fill out an import form with the Ministry of Communications and they need to know the frequency to assure that there is not interference.   Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Currently Oculus controllers (pretty sure all of them) are 30Hz.  I believe there currently is a developer-only beta for 60Hz.  This may improve latency but will probably also increase controller battery drain a bit.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

craig.coel
Explorer

Thank you for your input.  I do not refer to the refresh rate.  I refer to the frequency used by the communication between the headset and the hand controls.   It is not a 'developers' question.  Just a factual question.  I need to show to a government agency that this wireless toy operates in an approved frequency range and that there will be no interference.  I guess that it would be something between 2-5 GHz, but really I do not know.  Do you?

OK, the controllers transmit at 2.4 Ghz.  Often why it's best to use your Q2 on a 5Ghz network.  If you need further confirmation/proof maybe just contact Oculus Support.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

craig.coel
Explorer

Thanks.  2.4GHz.  Perfect.  Might you have that in some documentation?  I could not find that on the web.  I did try Support and had several email exchanges with them, but they were of no help at all.  Really appreciate it Tom.

Sorry, I do not have any official documentation on this.  Maybe do a bit more Google research including Oculus patents.  If I were you I would simply put in 2.4Ghz, lol!

craig.coel
Explorer

Ha!  I just may do that.  How did you know that is was 2.4GHz?

Just a little bit of Google research, lol!

https://www.google.com/search?q=oculus+controllers+2%2C4Ghz&sxsrf=ALeKk02fFiBE1i38NmsWh8e1luuEPH7y6w...

Thanks