cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

geforce rtx 3070 laptop

Alce330
Honored Guest
My "geforce rtx 3070 laptop" video card and i7 gen11 processor are not recognized by the oculus program.
17 REPLIES 17

AGuyInATent
Honored Guest
I have purchased the New Asus RIG Strix G17 Laptop with Ryzen 7 / RTX 3070 card. By the looks of things the oculus software is also not recognising my hardware! Is this not supported yet? Apparently my computer doesnt meet the minimum specifications

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Laptop gpu models may not yet be supported. Do not buy brandnew gpus and expect that these are supported by Oculus, it may take months for Oculus to support new gpus - so you may simply have to wait.
Maybe you can use your laptop even if you get these error messages?

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

AGuyInATent
Honored Guest
I have checked it through oculus link and unfortunately its really bad. It is glitching all over the place, so guess I'm just gonna have to wait. Thanks for you feed back 

killerclays
Honored Guest
I have the Rift S on my laptop running. No problems. I have the Lenovo Legion Y540 17"

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-9750H
GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2060

I also have a Quest 2 connection via Virtual Desktop.
I can run everything just fine.

Howie_Doodat
Rising Star

I have the Rift S on my laptop running. No problems. I have the Lenovo Legion Y540 17"

Specs:

Sorry, this is kinda off topic, but I have to ask because I also have an RTX 2060 in my laptop (the similarities end there), Intel Core i9 9th Gen, 9980HK. Have you done link via quest? I do, and I enjoy it, but should I be considering virtual desktop instead? I’ve always thought the latency would annoy me 

killerclays
Honored Guest

Specs:

Sorry, this is kinda off topic, but I have to ask because I also have an RTX 2060 in my laptop (the similarities end there), Intel Core i9 9th Gen, 9980HK. Have you done link via quest? I do, and I enjoy it, but should I be considering virtual desktop instead? I’ve always thought the latency would annoy me 

Hi, sorry than i read the post wrong.

But i can play with Virtual Desktop the same games i play with my Rift S with Virtual Desktop. It was worth buying for me. And the support is also good.

So i can play my vr games i have from steam on my quest 2.
Important is to have a good 5Ghz connection.
Just look around on youtube. There are good videos about it.

killerclays
Honored Guest

Specs:

Hi, sorry than i read the post wrong.

I normal can play steam games with my Rift S, but with Virtual Desktop, i can play steam games on my Quest 2.
Latency is depending on you wifi connection My connection from my router to the Quest 2 is 850Mbps

Nitereaver
Explorer

Any word on if they will get around to doing this? This post started almost 6 months ago, I just got a laptop with an 11th gen I7 laptop with an RTX 3070 and this is still an issue. Why? Steam VR test says everything is great, half-life alyx runs great on Steam, but Oculus keep telling me my system doesn't meet requirements?! I have a gaming PC with a 3090 and I have been using the official link cable, picked this laptop up so I can actually do some VR in a room with a lot more area to utilize than my office. Would be nice if this would at least get a reply from Oculus/facebook. 

Pacomac
Honored Guest

I'm in the same boat, waiting for Oculus to finally support the latest hardware. I have a laptop with a 3070 (135W), well capable of keeping up with last generation. For a company as big as Facebook, and being a developer myself, I find it hard to imagine what is taking so long since these GPU's have been around so long we are hearing rumours of the next generation already. 

So for me I get the incompatible warning on my GPU, plus AirLink just doesn't work. Thank god for Virtual Desktop and a company that can deliver functional software.