cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

local game

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning,

Is it possible to upload a game bought on third-party platforms to quest 2 locally ?, and if so, what steps must be taken?

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello pagu1379,

Good question! There are a couple options we have to choose from in order to play 3rd-party games on your device! Some developers may release content that doesn’t appear in the Oculus Store. This content isn’t reviewed by Oculus for security, comfort, content, health and safety.

To allow content from unknown sources:

1. Open the Oculus app on your PC computer.
  2. Select Settings in the left menu.
  3. Select the General tab.
  4. Next to Unknown Sources, adjust the toggle and then confirm to allow content from unknown sources.

If you have a Quest 2, you can also connect your device to an Oculus compatible PC and access 3rd-party games using Airlink

We hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for the answer. I didn't explain myself well, the question was different, I have an oculus 2 256Gb with airlink cable, and I can play third-party games, but I wanted to know how to load the games on the viewer memory, if they are not bought on the official store of oculus. I give an example, the game "superhot" bought yes instant-gaming is not loaded on the memory of the viewer, but on the pc and then you need the cable airlink to play it, I would like to load it on the memory of the viewer and play it alone without the pc, I hope I was clear.

thanks for a possible answer.

It's not possible to load PC VR games onto the headset to run them locally. Some games (including Superhot) come in PC VR and Quest versions, but they remain two separate games. Many games on the Oculus store come with CrossBuy, whch entitles you to both versions if you buy one of them, but that doesn't apply to third-party stores. Perhaps that is where your confusion is coming from. Superhot is not a CrossBuy game anway.

The Quest is, effectively, a mobile phone rather than a PC so it can only run games written specifically for it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much, for the answer!

bye