cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

never-ending download of game

neewom
Honored Guest

I was gifted a Quest 2 on Sunday, and it is now Thursday, so I expect I have a bit of learning to do. I was gifted a couple of games, one of which loaded fine, but the other...

I'm trying to download Myst. It's large, and I have pretty slow internet speeds half the time so I am being fairly patient with this, but I have three different file sizes depending on where I look, and the download continues well beyond what any of those three file sizes are. That is, I'm told I should expect between 9.6 and 10.56 gigs to download, then install. The download will continue through to 12 gigs, at which point I end up cancelling because it takes so long without an end in sight, and frankly, I don't particularly want to sit there for another hour waiting. 

I've tried: 

• Turning wifi off, then on. I did this before and again after a restart as well, and both during a download attempt and before a download attempt. 
  • Restarting the Oculus
  • Force-stopping the app, uninstalling the app and reinstalling, re-pairing, and also restarting my phone.

The only thing I've not tried at this point is a factory reset, and if I'm having this trouble now, I'm almost afraid to reset and end up with no way to install my existing apps. Any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@neewom  If you want to download apps on your Q2 faster you simply need faster internet speeds and good dedicated 5Ghz wifi.  If you do not have either then expect long loading/installing times.  If you can, maybe visit someone with faster internet access and good wifi.  If you try to stop the download you will need to start again because it does not have any download cache.

The good thing about the Q2 is that you can usually still use it while it downloads in the background.

If you think you have a problem with your headset, contact Oculus Support.  Good luck and cheers mate.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@neewom  If you want to download apps on your Q2 faster you simply need faster internet speeds and good dedicated 5Ghz wifi.  If you do not have either then expect long loading/installing times.  If you can, maybe visit someone with faster internet access and good wifi.  If you try to stop the download you will need to start again because it does not have any download cache.

The good thing about the Q2 is that you can usually still use it while it downloads in the background.

If you think you have a problem with your headset, contact Oculus Support.  Good luck and cheers mate.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

neewom
Honored Guest

@TomCgcmfc Fair enough, and thanks for the tips - I'll take it to work over the weekend and try it out there. If that's what's going on, I'm happy and will update. Thanks again!