cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

..no phone.. no tablet.. only windows 10 pc.. will I be able to setup a new Quest 2 headset?..

DareDevyL
Honored Guest
Yes, make fun if you like! but I don't have a cell phone or tablet....  only a windows 10 pc. I have been searching all over but can't find a for sure answer to if I can get a new Quest 2 headset set up with PC only?..  Surely a cell phone isn't the only way!..?  
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately i do not think you can.
The Mobile app acts as a companion to the Quest.

MerlinStWahgwaa
Expert Protege
You have windows 10... worst case, you can probably use Bluestacks Android emulator if you absolutely need too, but you should be more or less fine I think, just remember, the Oculus Windows program, is ONLY the Rift store, so only buy games there you plan to use with Link. If you want the Oculus, wireless standalone, version of games, buy them within the headset itself

DareDevyL
Honored Guest
Ah, Thanks for your answer. This is disappointing. I can't imagine I'm the only person in this situation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DareDevyL said:

Ah, Thanks for your answer. This is disappointing. I can't imagine I'm the only person in this situation.

Probably not but then they would probably go for a PCVR setup ( Rift ) rather than a Mobile VR version 
😞

Techy111
MVP
MVP
You can pick an android phone up on ebay for silly money as long as its 6.0 or above.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
No you can't. When Quest first launched I complained about this to Oculus and told them I would return it (which I did). I had a phone, but it didn't have the required version of android on it.

They said "Sorry to see you go, look forward to seeing you again in the ftuture".

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

MerlinStWahgwaa
Expert Protege

DareDevyL said:

As I said, try using bluestacks, if you have too, but as long as you link the headset to your account using the windows programs, i think you can set it up that way, you should be fine to just use the headsets store for Oculus standalone games, and the windows app for Rift gamez

Anonymous
Not applicable

just buy a pre paid phone for initial setup

Thats probably not a bad idea and that looks like a pretty good link.
Its a lot cheaper than an Elite Head strap for example so worth the investment just for your Quest.
It would probably come in handy for other uses as well.
🙂