cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no textures after the new Beat Saber update

earthberth
Expert Protege
I don't have any textures on the walls anymore after the new Beat Saber update. The walls look like wire frames... I don't know if there are any other effects missing because the graphics look so simplistic now but maybe it's due to the missing textures.
Does anyone else have this problem and is there a solution?
18 REPLIES 18

s-ynth
Explorer
Hi earthberth,
I didn't make a factory reset, but deleting the game and reinstalling has no effect. I think they really did that change on purpose, it's not a "bug". I hope they restore it (or add the option to enable it) on future updates.

earthberth
Expert Protege
Thanks for checking s-ynth. Did you install any sidequest mods in the past? I did it once but already removed them some weeks before the big update.

s-ynth
Explorer
No, I’ve got the transparent walls before any sideload. Indeed I started to look how to do sideloading just in case there were any beat saber mod to replace textures on walls. 

earthberth
Expert Protege
At least we can be sure it's not from sideloading. It would be nice if there would be an official statement from beat games but they just refuse to answer emails.

earthberth
Expert Protege
After changing my rating and updating my review in the Oculus Store Beat Games replied:

"About the walls - It’s intended, we want to have the same walls as on PC."

I mean on PC there are all these great effects and I think that's why they put the textures on the walls in the first place. A simple option to turn it on or off would be nice...

s-ynth
Explorer
Very interesting, thanks earthberth. I totally agree, old walls were nicer, there should be an option to use the old ones.  

Oceangamerplayz
Honored Guest
I have a quest and my walls are doing the same thing.

msrutah
Honored Guest

I see the problem on valve index. I have tried going to see the files for the textures. But that didn't work. It really annoys me. Someone please help.

As you have the Index, you'll probably get more help on the Steam Forum.

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.