cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with my graphic card

philly_goon
Honored Guest
I have a HP pavilion gamimg laptop using NVIDA geforce gtx graphics card ....i have updated my laptop and restarted it and i am still not able to use my rift or quest on my laptop using the link or virtual desktop.......

can someone please help me 
4 REPLIES 4

PITTCANNA
Visionary
what gtx do you have?  Also is your cpu supported?
is it on the list of supported? See link below
https://support.oculus.com/444256562873335/?locale=en_US

if not then no one can help you.  

If you have answered yes to both graphics card and cpu, then i will respond with help.

philly_goon
Honored Guest
i have Geforce gtx 1050 its not compatible but i dont understand why ....when i bought the rift and quest and it worked fine before ....is it and update they will do or i just have to get a new graphics card 

PITTCANNA
Visionary

i have Geforce gtx 1050 its not compatible but i dont understand why ....when i bought the rift and quest and it worked fine before ....is it and update they will do or i just have to get a new graphics card 

The gtx 1050 was never supported with link.  The gtx 1050 doesn't have the horsepower and functions to do link functionality.

You need a bit better card then just rift's bare minimum as there is an additional requirement of encoding the rendered stream to the head set.

With link going out of beta they have increased the bandwidth, and lowest resolution rendering.

Also just because you run a steam vr compatibly check, or a computer is sold as "vr ready" it doesn't mean its vr compatible for all headsets.

Quest 2 native resolution is almost 4k running 90 hz, a 1050 can't render that reliability or even at all.

PITTCANNA
Visionary
Also keep in mind laptops are the worst for vr gaming.  Cpu's and gpu's are underclocked and designed to work efficient the headrooom is never there, unless your willing to pay.