cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quest 2 tracking

u_q6c
Level 2

so my quest 2 tacking just keeps turning off and not working even if i try to turn it on manually. i have restarted the headset like 20 times and nothing is changing even if i try to set up guardian which usually turns tracking on when its off. it just crashes out of the guardian set up menu and goes back to the tracking off screen. why? how do i fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi! Can you please click here to submit a ticket so that we can help you out with this? Thanks.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

VRClown10
Level 2

Mine is the same. I would like help too 

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi! Can you please click here to submit a ticket so that we can help you out with this? Thanks.

yeah thanks i factory reset it and it fixed the tracking thanks a lot

This is know as an hardware issue that screwed up the sensors.

This happened to my Oculus Quest 2nd Gen (Quest 2)

There is no fix to this at all at this moment. (9/19/2021)

There are multiple reasons why this might of happened to you. 

(1) You dropped your headset and might of caused the sensors to be messed up.

(2) Might of got damaged during shipping. (not unless if you bought it from an offline retailer)

If you bought it from another retailer you might need insurance to exchange for a new one.

BestBuy can provide you with the same storage size with no additonal fees.

Sorry this happened to you ThunderTone. (From, 2019/2018 User)

nicopico202011
Level 2

so im having this issue too where my tracking isnt working so do i actually have to get a replacement or something or do i do a fac reset like the other guy.

Hi there! 

After investigating your problem, we were able to come up with some troubleshooting steps that should help solve issues with positional tracking. 

Please attempt the following;

• Please make sure your play area is well lit, but not overly bright
  • Ensure your headset is fully charged  
  • Reboot your device 
  • Last resort: Factory reset

Our goal is to get you gaming as fast as possible, so please submit a ticket if you still need assistance.