cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Oculus quest system driver has stopped"

Pandahumper808
Honored Guest
 My oculus quest was working perfectly fine last night zero issues, put it in its normal spot plugged in. I just got back home from work, unplug my quest and normal boot up. But as soon as I look around(haven't passed the guardian setup)the surroundings freeze and "oculus system driver has stopped" pops up. I've restarted my quest many times, in hopes that this is just a tracking error but I'm not sure what's the problem. If anyone else has had this issue please reach out ? 

26 REPLIES 26

MadMax1998
Adventurer
Has anyone tried with update 16? I haven't got the update yet.

wuzp
Rising Star
Another way of causing the guardian to crash is to slowly, and deliberately, keep poking your head outside of "the walls," in such a manner as to cause passthrough to activate/deactivate.

RossTrex1
Honored Guest
I have the same problem this morning.  Oculus Quest worked fine then when I noticed that the floor was wrong this morning I tried to reset my room boundary and now I cannot draw a room scale boundary without my Quest crashing. 

OK just on with chat support and it was crashing in one corner.  The area had several flats of reflective water bottles and Gallon shiny water bottles in that corner.  I moved/covered up the water bottles per Oculus support and it is working.  So reflective surfaces appear to be some new issue.  The reason I assume new issue is that the water bottles have been in that corner of the room longer than I have had the Oculus and that is my main room to use my Oculus.

So bottom line where the room draw crashes may be where the shiny thing is that is causing the crash.

wuzp
Rising Star

RossTrex1 said:

OK just on with chat support and it was crashing in one corner.  The area had several flats of reflective water bottles and Gallon shiny water bottles in that corner.  I moved/covered up the water bottles per Oculus support and it is working.  So reflective surfaces appear to be some new issue.  The reason I assume new issue is that the water bottles have been in that corner of the room longer than I have had the Oculus and that is my main room to use my Oculus.

So bottom line where the room draw crashes may be where the shiny thing is that is causing the crash.

Hmmm, I have "daylight" LED bulbs in my apartment.  And in passthrough, they do tend to washout the room image...

daoloth
Honored Guest
Been seeing this crash error too.

In my case it might have been a couple of bright blue LEDs on my PC that was causing the issue. I've put a sticky label over them to tone things done and that seems to have helped.

MadMax1998
Adventurer
I'm on update 16 now and just had to redraw my Guardian because it shifted the floor height and rotated itself by a few degrees (?). I took my sweet time setting up the new one and no crashes. Room and lighting is always the same. Seems to be fixed in update 16

wuzp
Rising Star

I'm on update 16 now and just had to redraw my Guardian because it shifted the floor height and rotated itself by a few degrees (?). I took my sweet time setting up the new one and no crashes. Room and lighting is always the same. Seems to be fixed in update 16

Ditto, except that in the middle of redrawing the boundaries, I was interrupted by a Duo video call that lasted 48 minutes.  When I put the headset back on, it picked right back up from where I left it... and STILL didn't crash!
 B)