Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can my laptop use the rift s?

Jva_25
Level 2
the specs are
intel core i5-9300h
gtx 1660 ti Max q (Less powered version)
8gb ram
512gb ssd 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Crazy_Sane
Level 9
It should. I think if you download the free Oculus app it will tell you if your computer meets the minimum requirements.

But I would recommend getting an Oculus Quest. The latest update includes "Oculus Link" beta, which allows you to use the Quest like a Rift S with just a USB cable.

They're the same price and you get a standalone headset as well as a PC headset. And many Quest/ Rift games are cross buy, giving you both versions of a game for the price of one.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Crazy_Sane
Level 9
It should. I think if you download the free Oculus app it will tell you if your computer meets the minimum requirements.

But I would recommend getting an Oculus Quest. The latest update includes "Oculus Link" beta, which allows you to use the Quest like a Rift S with just a USB cable.

They're the same price and you get a standalone headset as well as a PC headset. And many Quest/ Rift games are cross buy, giving you both versions of a game for the price of one.

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
It should be okay as long as it has a DisplayPort connector. If it only has HDMI, adapters will not work.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2