cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controllers loose tracking

HumanDude
Honored Guest
I know whats going on but i don't know how to deal with it. When im playing beat saber i run into a issue where if i swing my controller to fast it will cause the controller to loose tracking and it can only rotate. I guess this is do to the battery some moving a little inside the controller and disconnecting for a second. I've tried to put paper in but it still occurs and putting paper in to make it more still helps sometimes but the only way to get some effect out of jamming paper in is if it sit there for a few minutes finding a good spot. The thing with this though is batterys loose energy so ill have to do this everytime i need to change them. I'm not sure if there is any better way to keep them still but i need a way i can do in just a few seconds. i'm starting to get tired of loosing tracking and having to adjust paper in the battery slot to make it more still. So what can i do about this?
9 REPLIES 9

HumanDude
Honored Guest
It seems no one knows anything about this then do i have a pair of faulty controllers?

HumanDude
Honored Guest
Alright i don't know how to take this down but im guessing no one knows anything about this so i just want to take this down its a waste.

theruleslawyer
Explorer
I've heard of people jamming another spring in there. I'd ask in the beat saber discord. https://discordapp.com/invite/rpGSDFZ

HumanDude
Honored Guest

I've heard of people jamming another spring in there. I'd ask in the beat saber discord. https://discordapp.com/invite/rpGSDFZ

eh i stopped going there for help it just never gets solved. Usually i have to spend a while to fix it myself which is what i did for this so yeah i don't need help here anymore

Swifty0ne
Expert Protege
I guess Oculas needs a robotic arm to swing at about 7G's  to test the battery spring.  I'm guessing the Rift S touch controllers will be made with a more durable spring. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Edit spelling @HumanDude to "Lose" 😉

falken76
Expert Consultant
Sounds defective to me.  My touch controllers never lose battery connection because I'm moving them fast.  Does it only happen on one of them or both?

rednekcowboy77
Adventurer

I guess Oculas needs a robotic arm to swing at about 7G's  to test the battery spring.  I'm guessing the Rift S touch controllers will be made with a more durable spring. 

Or how about just manufacturing a quality controller with a permanent rechargeable batter pack that has non-moving parts?  That would solve the issue right quick, wouldn't it?falken76 said:

Sounds defective to me.  My touch controllers never lose battery connection because I'm moving them fast.  Does it only happen on one of them or both?

Please, this is an extremely common issue and not the only widely known defect of the Rift hardware--but it is one of the most infamous ones.  To try and play ignorant is insulting and degrading to the plethora of users reporting this issue.

ZaphireDfox
Honored Guest
I'd hate to be the one to revive an old forum thread (and for the wrong product for this particular thread), but I too have recently discovered this issue with one of the controllers for my Quest (same controllers, right?), and I've only had it a few months.  Seems the battery springs are just a tad weak.  I'm consistently having issues loosing the left controller while playing Beat Saber.  I only discovered the cause by mimicking some of the movements outside of VR and could hear a faint "clack" now and then which I couldn't hear over the music.  Vigorously shaking the controller confirmed my suspicions (the right one handles this fine).  I'm sure I'll find a way to deal with this, even if it means popping the controller open and replacing the spring.  I'm reviving this old thread in hopes it comes to the attention of the hardware dev team somehow.