cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Framerate drops, and hand tracking is weird.

Varmethon
Level 2
I recently bought a brand new gaming PC, and an Oculus Rift. Recently my smooth and perfect playthroughs have become choppy, and my hands will fling outside the guardian barrier while my hands are still. And every 30 second or so, my game will freeze for like 3 seconds. Half Life: Alyx was my first issue, giving me one perfect session but then becoming as I've explained above since, and now Arizona Sunshine is doing it as well, after trying to play the DLC after the campaign. I have 3 sensors running on my Oculus, 2 in USB 3.0, and one in USB 2.0 like it tells me to, but sometimes it tells me my Oculus would track better in a USB 3.0, even though it already is using one. The alert will go away sometimes, and pop back up randomly. Has anyone else experienced this?

Most games run perfectly fine, like Star Wars Vader Immortal, Pavlov, Onward, etc.

My computer specs are as follows: 

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 - 8GB GDDR6
Intel Core i7-9700k Processor (8x 3.60GHz/12MB L3 Cache)
16 GB of Ram
Primary HD is an SSD, Oculus is installed on it, but the games are on my 1TB HD
Motherboard is an ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S-IB

Oculus Rift, touch controllers and 3 sensors, 2 USB 3.0, 1 USB 2.0. The Headset is also in a USB 3.0.
1 REPLY 1

Varmethon
Level 2
So I found a fix, I uninstalled Arizona and Half Life Alyx, and moved them from my D drive, to my SSD and it fixed both games issues.