cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble starting Oculus . Your Oculus software may be updating.

harryinthesoup
Protege
"We're Having trouble Starting Oculus
 Your Oculus software may be updating. Please wait a minute and try again. If the issue continues, contact Oculus Support"
Got the error, waited a few hours and reported to Support as suggested.
 I have never had this before except when Oculus was indeed updating and over in a few minutes.
Support got back to me and suggested do a REPAIR which I did and all was good again.
 Then is happened again this morning and I repaired again and once again all good.
Then this afternoon it happened again , so I did some digging around and closed off all startup services that could  potentially (Why ?) interfere with Oculus.
 Still no go.
 I then looked at services (though Task Manager) and noticed the OVRService was not running so I started it and Hooray! managed to start Oculus up.
Anyone got any idea what would have stopped this service running ? Could it be anything to do with running a game via Steam ? (which was the last big activity before it happened the last time).
 Anyway as a Tip, if you do get the "trouble starting Oculus" message , might be worth a try checking that the OVRService is running and if not start it before needing to contact support.

12 REPLIES 12

geneexe
Honored Guest
LOL thanks @therealchuckward ...... your solution helped. I'm almost embarrassed at some of these other answers. 

Flausn
Expert Protege

Hi, I have a very easy fix for this. I saw it in another forum... I can't find it but I will put it here for anyone needing a fix.

First, open task manager.
Click on "Services" tab.
Find "OVRService"
Right click and click on "Start."
Try to open Oculus again. I hope this helped...

thanks dude wtf is wrong with oculus ? lol

charlesispi
Explorer

geneexe said:

LOL thanks @therealchuckward ...... your solution helped. I'm almost embarrassed at some of these other answers. 

Glad I could help!