cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ineligible Drive

Katers96
Explorer
I just got my new Oculus Rift. Attempting to download the setup to my D drive instead of the C drive as my C drive is consistently full. My D drive has over a tb of space. It is an internal drive.
I swear I've been trying to send the setup to the d drive for over two hours now. Tried the oculus support version of using the run + c:\downloads\oculus /drive=d

I also made various attempts to use the full path. Didn't work. Went to administrative command and went through the same process both with .exe and not. Didn't work. Said it couldn't find the path.
Eventually I got to the point of making a new folder in my D drive specifically for the oculus and coding for the full path from the C drive download folder to the d drive oculus folder and it appeared to work at first but instead of saying not enough storage space, is now saying ineligible driver. Which doesn't make any sense to me. Has anyone else had this issue? How did you fix it? 

3 REPLIES 3

sraura
Heroic Explorer
if you type "disk management" to search box and hit enter, disk management will open.
Scroll to bottom part and locate the disk where your D partition is located.
On left you see bold word "Disk#". What word you have right below that?

Katers96
Explorer

sraura said:

if you type "disk management" to search box and hit enter, disk management will open.
Scroll to bottom part and locate the disk where your D partition is located.
On left you see bold word "Disk#". What word you have right below that?

Basic. And the drive is NTFS.

sraura
Heroic Explorer
I have the install on drive D so it certainly is possible to get there with that method. However Oculus installer seems to have some issues with certain users who have for example extended ascii characters or spaces on their windows username. Also you should be on admin account when installing that thingy. I don't know it makes any difference, but you should also try /drive=D instead of /drive=d. Just for lols...
Anyways if you can't get installer to behave and install Oculus app to D, you can install it to C and use symbolic link method to move pretty much all stuff to D and make windows think that everything is still on C drive. And in all cases you can choose where you want to install games and such directly from Oculus app.
Even if you would/will get Oculus to install application to D, it will still install stuff to boot drive's appdata folder. However - if needed - that too can be moved with symbolic link method to some other drive.