cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with No HDMI Connection

NoehChan
Explorer
Hi there as I'm sure this is a constant topic. I'm having issues with my Rift headset where whenever I restart my computer I get the headset saying No HDMI Connection. The usual way I fix this is every time I turn my computer off and on when I go to use it again is by reinstalling my graphics drivers then it detects the headset. My computer detects that the headset is connected with the USB's but not the hdmi till I reinstall the graphics drivers. Idk if this is the headset side or what seems like the graphics card side. But I've never had any issues with the graphics card aside from this issue. Any assistance is appreciated 
4 REPLIES 4

Lorne14
Honored Guest
It seems I am now experiencing the same issue, The headset worked fine yesterday (March 20/19) but today when I picked up the headset, it appeared to be alright but as I put it on it went blank! There is a connection between the USB connection but there is no HDMI connection. I'm not too computer savvy so reinstalling my graphics driver as suggested by the previous post by Noel Chan would be a problem. I spent several hours with Oculus support yesterday to do the update patch and things were great when I put the computer to sleep. Tonight nothing All other sensors and controllers are working as normal. Any assistance would be appreciated.

NoehChan
Explorer
Lorne14 if you do see this again, depending on what graphics card you have you could either manually reinstall it through the website of said graphics card or for example I have a geforce graphics card and if you left click the up arrow by the bottom right of your default monitor you'll find a little image of the Geforce Nvidia settings right click the open up geforce experience or just search geforce experience in your search bar through the windows key and theres a drivers section in that app. Through there you can update your card or reinstall by click the 3 bubbles where it says geforce game ready drivers. After it reinstall the headset should pop up

NoehChan
Explorer
But I've had my headset for about 4 months now and still no luck on any solution besides reinstalling my graphics drivers everytime it goes to sleep or restart my computer

Lorne14
Honored Guest
Hi Noeh, Thanks for the info, but I guess I lucked out, because after messing around for about 2 hours I did manage to get the headset operating correctly. I suppose old ways never die eh? What I did was simple even for me, a computer moron! I just unplugged the entire headset, HDMI & the USB 3 cable, waited for about a minute, even with the Oculus program still running, and plugged the cables back in and much to my surprise, WHAALLA, up popped the headset, white light and the main page in the viewer, and I was back in business!! Now, for the first time in 2 years I can try to learn how this VR stuff actually works. I had another problem (updates wouldn’t download) that 2 very nice ladies from customer service solved for me after a couple of hours of trial and error on March 20/19 for which I’m truly grateful as well. Oculus Customer Service deserves a big Well Done, they were very patient with this old man getting my Oculus working again!!! And Noeh, you deserve a thanks for your reply. I’m now gonna go try to figure out the great stuff I’m told VR is all about. 
Regards, Lorne14.