cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just the BLACK SCEEN again

ertert222
Explorer
Have restarted the computer and program and unplugged and  replugged the cables several times. Everything checks out OK but get the black screen. One time I was on the second restart and I got the 3 dots. Only once. Always black.
This seems to be a common problem?
Any other ideas?
Rift S
2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @ertert222 try removing the facial interface by gently pulling on it, and reseat the cable behind it. Other steps would be removing other USB devices, leaving only your mouse, keyboard and the Rift S as well as updating your graphics drivers. If you use any adapters or extensions, removing those may help. If the issue persists, you can gather your diagnostic issues and create a ticket further assistance.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

ertert222
Explorer

Hey @ertert222 try removing the facial interface by gently pulling on it, and reseat the cable behind it. Other steps would be removing other USB devices, leaving only your mouse, keyboard and the Rift S as well as updating your graphics drivers. If you use any adapters or extensions, removing those may help. If the issue persists, you can gather your diagnostic issues and create a ticket further assistance.

I have done all the plugs including facial. Everything up to date. Been working fine every day. Turn it on, shut it off. nothing was changed.
Turned on got black screen. Just kind of happened.
Also just tried:
Just deleted oculus files/program
downloaded and installed new
now I see the 3 dots and hear the chimes tinkle when it starts but that it.