cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of problems since last patch

JovenTroll
Honored Guest
Hi, so since the last update I have been experiencing lots of problems with the Rift S. Things like having to disconnect and reconnect all the cables from 2 to 3 times till they start going. And lately, they just broke suddenly in mid-game. Like I got a black screen and they seem to stop detecting the display port suddenly. They have always had problems with detecting the display port connection properly, to be honest, but once they were working, they have never ever before just went black screen because for no reason they just stop detecting the display port connection. Does anyone know anything about this? because to be honest is really annoying. Is expensive hardware to be dealing all the time with this kind of problem and I will be really pissed off and ask for a refund if this keeps going because it is not acceptable. I personally do a lot of simracing and it is not acceptable for this to happen in the middle of a race for example, where you can ruin someone else race because your damn Rift S just decides that it is a random good moment to stop working. 
2 REPLIES 2

TheMike956
Explorer
I have tried a lot of stuff to fix similar connectivity issues, spend hours and days for troubleshooting. Only cable replacement helped me. I personally hated this solution in the beginning because it is the most expensive (except buying new headset), but it is the only that worked for me.

Try getting one from a friend for example to test solution for you.

JovenTroll
Honored Guest

I have tried a lot of stuff to fix similar connectivity issues, spend hours and days for troubleshooting. Only cable replacement helped me. I personally hated this solution in the beginning because it is the most expensive (except buying new headset), but it is the only that worked for me.

Try getting one from a friend for example to test solution for you.

Thanks for the help man. I will give that a try, but as you said, it is really annoying having to spend another 80$ o a new cable. Let's see if the update fixes anything first, I'm seeing that lots of people are having black screen issues too since the last firmware.