cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini display port doesn't connect my Oculus Rift S

Serjo92
Honored Guest
Hello, i'm new in this community,  i was bought an Oculus Rift S some days ago, and now i was try to connect on my notebook asus through the mini display port, the notebook is an Intel I7 with geforce 960m Gtx with Windows 10. The first step is instal the Oculus app, then i connect my device on the PC, and the software stay frezeed on the first step screen, when is requested to connect the USB 3.0 (which result connected with the green icon), and the DisplayPort, the Oculus app stay for indefinitely time to load with no result and no connection. I was try to update my Windows 10 to the last and the nvidia driver to the last upgrade. Please help me to solve this problem thanks to everyone. 
3 REPLIES 3

MikeF
Trustee
the 960m is below min spec so its doubtful that it'l work even if you can get past the mini display port issue
I dont think many people have had luck using an adapter, but that'd be what you need

Serjo92
Honored Guest
in the Oculus Site in the rift s-pc requirements
the 960 is specified correct for the device. in the community there is someone with an 1080 gtx with the same problem 

MikeF
Trustee
960 is the min, you said you have a 960m the mobile variant which is under spec