cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My oculus rift s isnt working...

PurpleCoke
Honored Guest
I got mine a few days ago. I've tried everything like plug it out wait 10 sec plug back in, the camera settings, usb power settings, checked if everything was in properly, updated everything even got a new 3.0 usb c port and tried but still not working. at start the device was found in home but the headset sensor was stuck for about 5 hours.  But now it cant even detect the device. Could anyone please help me.
2 REPLIES 2

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I had a similar problem when I first setup my Rift S.  I found the best thing to do was to uninstall the Oculus app, unplug all headset cables to your PC, remove the controller batteries.  Then reinstall the software and go though the setup only plugging in the cables and putting batteries in your controllers when you are told to do so.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Maxxgold
Rising Star

I got mine a few days ago. I've tried everything like plug it out wait 10 sec plug back in, the camera settings, usb power settings, checked if everything was in properly, updated everything even got a new 3.0 usb c port and tried but still not working. at start the device was found in home but the headset sensor was stuck for about 5 hours.  But now it cant even detect the device. Could anyone please help me.

Please post your PC specs and contact support. The first thing you should do when having a PC is to let everyone know your PC specs. Which USB port did you get? It’s most likely a USB issue, but if you bought a C port card it should solve that issue. Try the above advice first.