cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift CV1 Black Screen and yellow led sensor after updating dashboard

Betta82
Honored Guest
Hi guy's. Need some help and advice over here.
My CV1 working fine last week and last time i was playing HL Alyx, showing to a friend the virtual reality. 
Yesterday i was trying to open VR again and i have a black screen with yellow led and some time flikers white when i put hand on hanset sensor but immediately turn yellow. 
I reinstalled Oculus drivers, update video card driver (GTX 1080), disconect, conect all the cable's, including HDMI from handset and nothing.
I only have 1 monitor's and i check the HDMI from video card and working we'll.
From the last time i was playing In VR i installed some normal games like Destroy all humans, Steam made some updates to client inself and others games like No Ma's Sky. I mentioned this because maybe some how some updates are broke the Client. 
Yesterday when i start Oculus rift client they're force me to update. I made it but i was not give to much attention, because is not the first time. 
So here i am with a black screen and yellow led flikers and dunoo what to do.
Current setup
Asus Formula VI armoured
i7 4770
16gb ram
GTX 1080
2 SSD 256 and 1T
1 normal 1.5T hard drive
External 500gb 
Windows 7
10 REPLIES 10

Richooal
Consultant
Oculus stopped supporting Win 7 in January, 2020.
At some point, any update to Oculus' software could break Win 7 user's Rift (CV1 or S). Given that 0.3% of Rift users are on Win 7, and given Oculus/Facebook's poor communication, it's not likely that they would give you guys a warning that this "update" will break Win 7 systems.
In the main V19 thread I mentioned 3 of you all using Win 7 and having the black screen problem.

P.S. Win 10 ain't so bad.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Betta82
Honored Guest
Updating the OS solve my issue, case closed. I recommend to upgrade on Windows 10 2004 version. My problems are solved. 

KICKASSHERO
Protege
solved over at my post, please do not listen to these sheep, they do not know how to think outside from their programming!

I'd listen to the sheep.

The 'solution' being described is to install an old version of the Oculus runtime, which, if you don't have it, has to be downloaded from an unknown source.

Ignoring any concerns you have or don't have about that, the solution ignores the problem that increasing numbers of games, particularly VR games require Windows 10. And any issues that were around with1.38 will always be there.

The person who created the Reddit post being quoted here as the solution has edited that post with the comment 'I have upgraded to Windows 10... I regret not doing this earlier''

So the person providing the solution must be one of us sheep

KICKASSHERO
Protege

I'd listen to the sheep.

The 'solution' being described is to install an old version of the Oculus runtime, which, if you don't have it, has to be downloaded from an unknown source.

Ignoring any concerns you have or don't have about that, the solution ignores the problem that increasing numbers of games, particularly VR games require Windows 10. And any issues that were around with1.38 will always be there.

The person who created the Reddit post being quoted here as the solution has edited that post with the comment 'I have upgraded to Windows 10... I regret not doing this earlier''

So the person providing the solution must be one of us sheep

You fail to empathize  the simple fact that when Rift CV1 was release, Windows 10 was not even out yet! It is unacceptable for a company to break a system because of the future products. 
Take your car that you own for instance. If Ford or whomever says that you have to use the newly released steering wheels and TPMS sensors in your older cars or we will not let the computer allow the car to function anymore, you would be upset and I'm sure there would be a class action suit; Because you are fine with how its functioned all these years with said features. When we paid $550 dollars for a Windows 7 Oculus product, that's what we wanted, that's what we purchased. I can understand the Quest and RIFT S (facebook owned) and future products requiring 10. That's fine. But it was never a requirment for CV1 and maybe you didn't know that. So we are not asking for support we are asking for Oculus to stop breaking functionality and update whatever needs updated for what is supported in regards to S Quest etc.   

Richooal
Consultant

You fail to empathize  the simple fact that when Rift CV1 was release, Windows 10 was not even out yet! It is unacceptable for a company to break a system because of the future products. 

Win 10 release date July 29, 2015

Rift CV1 release date March 28, 2016

KICKASSHERO
Protege
It was released but not out yet. We are both correct

Richooal
Consultant

It was released but not out yet. We are both correct

Not only was it out, but the first major update was also out before the Rift CV1 release. I don't know where you get your info but I found.................

Win 10 (1507)
Release to Windows Insiders    July 15, 2015
Release to Public                       July 29, 2015

Win 10 (1511)
Release to Windows Insiders    November 3, 2015
Release to Public                       November 12, 2015

KICKASSHERO
Protege
 Oh I see you are refering to the USA release.