cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift S - Live Streaming to Facebook issue

TheStarglider
Honored Guest
Up until recently I have been able to quite happily live-stream games from my Rift S to Facebook (specifically Alyx and Elite Dangerous from Steam).

But now when I start to stream, it only does so for around 2 seconds. I don't know this as from my HMD it is showing the red recording 'light' the entire time. When I then try to stop the broadcast I cannot tell the software to stop (even though it was never broadcasting) and the little 'light' remains until I restart the Oculus software.

Anyone else got this problem? How can I fix this (without the usual reinstall/restart/driver update etc... it's all been tried)?
4 REPLIES 4

HwangPL
Explorer
try OBS Studio, it's free & easy and got lot of features and can stream to various social media

TheStarglider
Honored Guest

HwangPL said:

try OBS Studio, it's free & easy and got lot of features and can stream to various social media

I do use OBS at times, but let's be honest, setting up to stream with that is way more complex than just clicking on the live-streaming button when you just wanna show some ingame footage on FB quickly.

Veisenberg
Protege

Up until recently I have been able to quite happily live-stream games from my Rift S to Facebook (specifically Alyx and Elite Dangerous from Steam).

But now when I start to stream, it only does so for around 2 seconds. I don't know this as from my HMD it is showing the red recording 'light' the entire time. When I then try to stop the broadcast I cannot tell the software to stop (even though it was never broadcasting) and the little 'light' remains until I restart the Oculus software.

Anyone else got this problem? How can I fix this (without the usual reinstall/restart/driver update etc... it's all been tried)?

Question is how have you been able to stream HLA from your Rift S to facebook at all? EVERY time I try to it tells me that "This app doesn't support live-streaming to Facebook" I get that for a lot of games, most recently, Stormland.

Anonymous
Not applicable
this is weird, sometimes this works, sometime not? I have been streaming Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin and now the app is not suported... There must be a workaround