cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Touch Controllers Stop Tracking, Then Games Blackout and Close

Zielaz
Honored Guest
Hi, today (8/8/2018) I encountered a problem during playing a game called "VRChat". It was a bug or other that made my 2 Touch Controllers stop working and the game blackout in my headset, then it closes. I have no images or anything, but I'll try describing it as detailed as possible:

In the first minute, I'm perfectly fine, no issues at all. Then, out of nowhere, my touch controllers stop tracking and repeat any motion that was just happening for about 3 seconds, then completely stop and just freeze. After that, only my headset is responsive, and then the screen slowly blacks out as if its a feature in the game, then closes completely. My sensors are working fine, USB extenders aren't making the devices malfunction. The touch controllers are completely charged with their batteries, and there isn't any moisture or anything else that may disable the controllers temporarily/permanently. Headset is plugged in correctly, and the plug to the headset its self is also securely plugged in. My Graphics Card's drivers are up-to-date, and there is no viruses on my pc. (Daily checked by MalwareBytes Premium). 

I have no idea what the issue is here, its also not SteamVR. I just don't know, its so strange and my Oculus Rift has been working perfectly until now all the sudden. Any help would be appreciated! ^w^
3 REPLIES 3

cybereality
Grand Champion
Did you get the recent update before this started happening? Can you upload your LogGatherer zip file? See here for how to get the file (the file may be large, so you might have to host on Google Drive, etc.). https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-rift-1-3/p1
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Zielaz
Honored Guest
Here's the files, and I haven't had any updates no.

cybereality
Grand Champion
I see this error, which could be part of the problem:
Windows 10 system doesn't appear to have RiftDisplay.inf installed. Cannot use DXGI 2 path successfully.
You might want to reinstall the drivers to see if that helps. Run "oculus-driver.exe" in:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV