cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus app keeps crashing and restarting please help

Vulturemanz
Explorer
I just bought my oculus probably about a month it worked decently fine I had the phantom touch and some problem where it would say it wasnt plugged into the display port even though it was. But yesterday the app crashed while I was in a game and now the app crashed everytime I put on the headset. I did a repair on the app multiple times and uninstalled and reinstalled it, I updated all my drivers I did everything I could but I cant fix it and it looks like I just lost 400$ 
17 REPLIES 17

TragicDelight
Protege
unplug usb3 and DP cables from pc. turn off pc. wait 5 mins. plug back in. turn on pc. profit.

huliqan
Adventurer
Oculus app keeps crashing and restarting
same too since from version 1.40 
constantly restarting when putting the helmet on the head
But on 1.39 works fine!!!
 I continue to use 1.39

profman5
Protege
See if the topic linked below can assist you:

(blank screen) Rift S Crashes NON STOP (SOLVED!!)

I had a similar problem and was given a solution by Oculus Support that worked.  Others posted their versions of a fix.  Just ignore the arguments that follow the solutions.

Good Luck!
profman

huliqan
Adventurer
See if the topic linked below can assist you:

Where is solution your issue?

is it?

i created a new user profile on my computer and it worked. So, I copied the oculus related folders in each of the three folders in appdata on the new profile over to the existing profile and I am good to go!!!

I just logged in to the Administrator account and set up Rift S. Then I copied the folders to my usual account

profman5
Protege
huliqan;

Look for the one post listed as by profman5.  It involves uninstalling the Oculus software while in Windows Safe Mode (without networking), but be sure to backup your software before doing this.  Then you install the Oculus software in Windows normal operating mode.  Then you restore the software that you previously backed up.

This is a lot of work, and you have to be very careful.  It solved my issue of the Oculus software constantly crashing each time I put the helmet on.

profman5

huliqan
Adventurer
I full reinstall Oculus software,but I have same issue-sometimes when I take off the Rift S and put on the table,and then after a few minutes it again dress Helmet on my head-oculus home restarting.
but sometimes all works fine all day without restarting.
if I return 1.39 vers. - I never never get any issue 

profman5
Protege
huliqan;

Stay on 1.39 for a while, if you can, if that solves your issue.  Usually the Oculus software will update itself to the current version. 

The current version which I have is 1.40.1 and version 1.41 will come out some time.  I do not know if either of those two versions would help you or hurt you.

I no longer try the PTC releases since they tend to be buggy.

Good luck.

huliqan
Adventurer
 Usually the Oculus software will update itself to the current version.

not updated if: 

1. or add in Oculus folder two empty txt-files without extension(.txt - delete)

Staging

tmp

2. or

Manifest folder in Oculus base folder remain from current version(1.40)

In both cases, version 1.39 works without errors!

I use 1.40.1 and 1.39 versions

Vulturemanz
Explorer
How do i revert back to 1.39? because my app worked fine then