cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus software crashes when HDMI is connected

Deadlyscythemas
Honored Guest
Hello everyone and Happy Holidays. 
I have yet to use this oculus. During the setup the oculus home software crashes when I plug the HDMI in. After searching for similar problems on google I made sure that I am connected to the HDMI port on my video card. I used the Oculus log gatherer and I get this error

" [OAF ERROR] \software\oculussdk\pc\oaf\liboaf\package\packagemanager.cpp(214) : Package does not exist: oculus-runtime (1971015) OVR57367903"

Outside of that I haven't seen any other suggested solutions. I have a GTX 1080 and a core i7 6850k. Please help I would like to see what this whole VR thing is about.
1 REPLY 1

javila425
Explorer
Hey guys I have found the solution!!! After doing everything I saw on the trouble shoot list and one I compiled myself reading forums I found the answer. 

You have to To first update the oculus app, the hardware in the oculus app, the firmware in the oculus app, the Microsoft Windows itself and even allllllll this didn’t work. 

THAN I FOUND THE ANSWER! 

YOU HAVE TO UPDATE THE GRAPHICS CARD SYSTEM!!! I have a radeon 580 or something like that (I’m computer illiterate) and there’s was a new update as of a few days ago. Once I updated graphics card my hdmi problems went away!!! 

Hope this helps!!!