cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus tracking isn't working properly

HumanDude
Honored Guest
When playing beat saber all swing my saber and it won't follow my hand as well. It seems to have some sort of delay. Not only that my controllers loose tracking and don't track for a bit. This is making it impossible to play beat saber maps that are expert + as its cutting down my swings and making them shorter too. Any info on making tracking better would be nice.
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey there,
Without any detail on your configuration (PC specs + sensors positioning) it might prove difficult to help ^^'.
That said, here are a few leads on how to solve tracking issues:

- If the game lags, the tracking will as well (obviously xD). Make sure your computer can run VR. If the game lags anyway, you should use the Oculus Tray Tool.
- Make sure both the Oculus Sensors are plugged in USB 3.0 ports.
- Check the Device tab in the Oculus desktop app while playing. It might show you what error you get.
- Are there anything in the way of the sensors? For example: the corner of a furniture.
- Do the Sensors Configuration again.
- It may be a hardware issue (worst case scenario xD). Check the cables, and check that the Oculus desktop app does show you all the devices in the Device tab.
- If the tracking issues occur only in Beat Saber, reinstall it.

Hopefully it helped!

HumanDude
Honored Guest
The only thing that might tell me anything is oculus devices telling me there is poor tracking. Everything else is fine but i will try looking at oculus devices tab. Even though this might show me there is bad tracking i still don't know how this information will help me when my plugs are all good and everything is fine in hardware, and all my sensors are in the same spots and have nothing blocking them. I've had oculus for 6 months but it seems tracking is getting worse. Its no longer a issue with the battery loosing connection but more so the tracking being poor no matter how my setup is. Nothing has even changed in hardware so i really am starting to think that the problem is the sensors. I don't know why the but the tracking still feels worse everyday. When i play beat saber even swinging at a normal speed i loose connection so i doubt its to do with battery.

pyroth309
Visionary
I've got the same issues so no you aren't alone and I know how incredibly frustrating it is. I got mine mostly solved by putting some easy liner in the battery compartment to stop the battery from sliding around. It seems like after playing a lot of beat saber the battery spring wears out from all the G's on it compressing it over and over which is why the tracking gets worse and worse as it's getting easier and easier to move the battery. 

Check this out - https://imgur.com/a/QrfrZ

I'm also personally experimenting right now with my 3 sensor setup by aligning in a diagonal in my square room so my face is looking at a sensor and I have one on each side of me so there is always at least 2 cameras on each controller. It seems better but I killed my arms a couple of days ago and haven't been able to properly run it through its courses just yet lol. 

Other solutions involve putting foil between the spring and the negative terminal but I find it to be a bit unreliable. Let us know if you find something that solves. 

HumanDude
Honored Guest

pyroth309 said:

I've got the same issues so no you aren't alone and I know how incredibly frustrating it is. I got mine mostly solved by putting some easy liner in the battery compartment to stop the battery from sliding around. It seems like after playing a lot of beat saber the battery spring wears out from all the G's on it compressing it over and over which is why the tracking gets worse and worse as it's getting easier and easier to move the battery. 

Check this out - https://imgur.com/a/QrfrZ

I'm also personally experimenting right now with my 3 sensor setup by aligning in a diagonal in my square room so my face is looking at a sensor and I have one on each side of me so there is always at least 2 cameras on each controller. It seems better but I killed my arms a couple of days ago and haven't been able to properly run it through its courses just yet lol. 

Other solutions involve putting foil between the spring and the negative terminal but I find it to be a bit unreliable. Let us know if you find something that solves. 

I've tried doing paper before and really jamming it in there or making it loose but that never worked. This is the last thing i'm gonna attempt to fix the controllers. It honestly became such a problem that i'm start to get frustrated and hate beat saber. Is there something i can do like get new controllers without paying for new ones because honestly at this point i should be able to get a free pair mine are probably ruined now because the time at which the connection is lost is like 4 - 5 seconds.

HumanDude
Honored Guest
Well this didn't work now the controllers aren't turning on ( no i didnt smash the spring). I guess ill be sure to buy vive or something better than oculus.

Digikid1
Consultant

HumanDude said:

Well this didn't work now the controllers aren't turning on ( no i didnt smash the spring). I guess ill be sure to buy vive or something better than oculus.

There’s nothing better than Oculus. 

Calibos
Heroic Explorer

Digikid1 said:

HumanDude said:

There’s nothing better than Oculus. 

Also, he'll find PEBKAC will still be an issue with the Vive. :smile: