cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Software Build 17.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 5/15/2020: Hey everyone - thanks again for your patience during this rollout. The team just pushed out an update to those of you who have already received the v17 software update. This new build should resolve the blue screen crashes that some of you have reported. We have also pushed this same update to the PTC channel to those of you who have hit this issue on PTC but have not yet received the live version. Please do continue to let us know if you experience any problems with this new update using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software and by contacting customer support. Thank you!

---

Social Reporting

• We’ve made usability improvements to the in-VR reporting flow

Oculus Link

• You can now control audio and mic settings for Oculus Link directly from your Quest.
  • During setup, the Oculus desktop app will now let you know if your USB cable meets the standards required to power Link.
  • General stability improvements

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where some Rift users would join a party and couldn’t be heard by other party members. 
153 REPLIES 153

Lethal_Aims
Adventurer
Is see this release includes a driver update which re-installs and re-enables this virtual driver, stomping all over your audio devices (again). This driver serves no purpose for Rift users and the installer behaviour is a nuisance.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Is see this release includes a driver update which re-installs and re-enables this virtual driver, stomping all over your audio devices (again). This driver serves no purpose for Rift users and the installer behaviour is a nuisance.

I believe this is a Quest-related driver.  Does not seem to adversely effect my Rift cv1 but I guess if you have a problem with it you can just go into your win10 sound settings sound control panel and disable it.

Edit; also, I use the audio switching option with Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) so maybe this helps as well.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

morphee7
Expert Protege
yeah just disable it if you have a rift s it tried to take over all audio output everytime i fired up my pc and had to manually keep changing it to speakers/rift s/logitech G933's, how the software sees the rift s as a quest is beyond me

Lethal_Aims
Adventurer

TomCgcmfc said:

Does not seem to adversely effect my Rift cv1 but I guess if you have a problem with it you can just go into your win10 sound settings sound control panel and disable it.

Yeah, that is what I do. It is just annoying that I have to do it after each driver update. I also have to fix up my Sound Blaster X-Fi Software Suite which gets messed up due to the default device change.